I am just so busy this week. Last night I was out to chill with Ronald and tonight I had a surprised invitation to dinner.
I woke up this morning with two messages. One was from Hewlett asking me to Trust in the Lord and I messaged him straight away for lunch and we met. This young man has grown so tall and god fearing. When I met him in Sec 1, he was rather reserved and angry. Hewlett would talk politics and would ask good questions. Later when I met him when he was in JC, he grew to become such a gentleman. Quite a change. I bummed into him last Friday and brought him to meet my ex boss and another colleague. He shared about his vision and mission and we prayed for him.
Today at lunch with Hewlett I shared about my recent work. Before we left, he prayed for me in public. Wow! I love that. That is the kind of student I want to see. A student who cares about God and will live for him and taking active steps to bring others to Jesus. That is what I love most and hope to accomplish most. If there is nothing else I did right, I sure hope all those who know me and are taught by me will know the Lord Jesus Christ. Time is running out. He is coming again.
After lunch I went for a haircut to get ready for a job I will do starting Monday. Got to look good. hahaha.
Then I am off to pick Annie up because this morning I received a message from Siok Fung asking if we could do dinner. Of course! We drove all the way to Parkway Parade. I specially asked the restaurant to reserve a place away from the crowd and not too cold so that not many people will notice her. She really look sick although she is still rather alert. We sat for three hours. But it was good time.
She shared about how the Lord helped her prepare for the trip to USA last year and how they only paid 4000 dollars each for an 18day trip. Her husband drove in and around USA. He was driving there for the first time in November and God kept them. It was amazing! I would never think of doing that in Winter. May be Summer. Perhaps this summer we will drive down to Yellowstone again.
Then she was tired and I drove her home.
I think we are the only two people in the world who would talk about death squarely with her. Annie has lost two brothers to kidney diseases and kidney failure. So we both understand the anxieties of families who have someone terminally ill. So I told Annie that if she wants to go further we will just go with her. There is not much time left. Siok Fung too is getting ready to meet GOD.
For me, I cannot go meet Him yet. So I will use my remaining years to do a few things. There are a few things in my mind. But I shall not do it until I am ready to work on it. God has His timing and I watch how He works with me. There are many things to learn before I can set out to do what I need to do.
Having in mind that the Lord is coming, therefore I find some of the things we are focusing on petty. Let me share these with you from the Bible from 2 Timothy chapter 2:14 Keep reminding God’s people of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen.
15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.
16 Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly.
17 Their teaching will spread like gangrene. Among them are Hymenaeus and Philetus, 18 who have departed from the truth. They say that the resurrection has already taken place, and they destroy the faith of some.
19 Nevertheless, God’s solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness.”
22 Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
23 Don’t have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels.
24 And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful.
25 Opponents must be gently instructed, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, 26 and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.
Japan is rather unfortunate. Not only was there an earthquake, a nuclear leak, it is now snowing in the area. My heart is with the Japanese. Tonight Annie and I prayed for them. We pray that the Christians there will use this great opportunity to reach out and preach the word of God. Japanese are known for their ability to remain composed amidst disaster. I pray that their strong will may be moved by the love of God demonstrated by the many Christian volunteers there. May these Christians take the opportunity to talk about Christ's return.
Today interestingly, I was able to preach to my hair dresser. She was telling me the end of the world is nigh. She said the Christians believe to be the end of the world soon. She asked if I believe. I told her I believe that Jesus is coming again. I shared that the bible already predicted all these events. My heart is not fearful. Instead my heart is hopeful because it is assurance from Christ that He is returning. So whatever struggles we have in life, although they are real and very HUGE, you know, these are no longer important.
When I look around my family, we are ready. Other families are not ready. Then you will have to do your part. I prayed for Peck San's family and Bee Yen's family too. We prayed specifically for each of them so that the Lord will touch them in His own way. Will you do the same? Pray is of no use if you don't act by your life and your deeds.
Have a great weekend. I am going to bed. I thank God for giving me so much peace and good sleep these few nights. I am blessed to be able to see each morning albeit a little raining today.