Monday, March 28, 2011

Hope on the horizon

The rest for the night was so good. I didn't even think I could sleep some more but I did. I rose with so much hope.

I was telling Cindy that my eyes are clear and my head even clearer. The fog seems to have lifted. The night before I did a lot of reading and learning more and more about the work of the Holy Spirit. 

Pastor Daniel Foo challenged us to ask God for a miracle this week. And I did. I shall not tell. I learned most of all that to nurture the Holy Spirit of God I also need to sing and I do that these days when I play my CDs of Worship. I will sing loud in the car when I am alone. Below are some songs I love when I drive myself anywhere now.













The highlight of the day was to walk into the best class of the classes I am teaching. 3E2. The classroom was littered everywhere. They also took 10 minutes to get to their seats. They kept talking and talking and I just stared at them. And then I spoke. The first command was to get them to pick up their litter or else I will make them eat it for lunch. Interesting, this form of threat got their attention and they moved to clear the litter. I wonder why they don't do it when teachers ask nicely. It must be conditioning. 

Then I discussed about their nonchalant state of learned helplessness and told them that this attitude will not get them anywhere. It will pervade every fiber of their being. And it has to begin with keeping the class in order and the rest will fall into place.

I doubt anything will change. My lesson went well. There were no questions asked. But they were kept busy. Finally I reminded them they owe me school work and if they don't hand it, it will be 5 marks off their common test marks. OUCH! Then slowly each one handed in. 

I was teaching about coastal erosion and about how a small weakness in the joint of the rocks or in the bedding plane will be the start of all the erosion that will break the rock down. 

Nature teaches us that it just take a small weakness, one first time to fall into temptation, one dose of marijuana or any happy drug out there, one fall and then it is easier to commit the sin again and again. Over time, we will not hear God, we will not know God. OVER TIME. 

Satan wants us to give in little by little. He doesn't just tempt you. He won't even do much. He just need to dangle the small piece of bait. It will be enough because we just need to taste just one bit and we are hooked. 

He will also cast doubts on your abilities, confuse your faculties and curious your suspicion "You don't know until you try!" Aha. I fall into that all the time. "What if..." Again He doesn't need to do much. That one mustard seed of doubt will be sufficient to move us from our commitment for the Lord. Better yet, sometimes he sends our friends to cast those doubts about us. Such friends are unwittingly being used and that too is because they didn't watch their walk with the Lord.

I believe when we walk closer to GOD, Satan will want to make our lives even more trying. Thus we need to draw strength to call on God to save us from falling. God always catch us on time. In times when He didn't, it was because we have refused to rely on Him but on our mortal flesh and human understanding. God's ways are never our ways. But He loves us so much that He can and will only give us the best. Best because in His eyes we will not want more. In our human eye, it may never be enough. But in His eyes, it is sufficient.

Watch how you talk to a friend the next time. Be an encouragement. The world is already a sad and lonely place. Don't make it anymore difficult by cursing and swearing.

Tonight I will ask God for my miracle. Will tell you when I have it. :)


Lord, You are my all in all. There is really none like YOU.