I rushed to painting class after a long and boring meeting. I felt terrible at the meeting and definitely sealed my decision to quit. I finished the painting of the background and now to finish the chains. I will do that when I have the time. What went on in my head was a need to do up a powerpoint that was thrown at me last minute. So I went home after painting class to do up the powerpoint.
I left my phone at home so I wouldn't be disturbed. I often call this my low tech day. When I checked the phone, I saw a few messages. One was a miss call from an ex colleague and one from a student who cancelled tuition. So I picked up the phone and call my colleague. We decided to meet but that it had to be after having dinner with dad.
We met at Adam Road food centre and then we drove to Vivo to have our favourite organic coffee and delicious carrot cake. I totally enjoyed his company and when we were asked to leave, we went somewhere else to eat again.
By now those of you who know him will know that we both like to eat great food. And going to Beijing to teach with him was fun and good food. He really knows how to eat well. We had our little fights but then because of food we come together again. It was terrible eating alone but eating with more than 10 people allowed us to order good stuff. So we normally eat out with our boys when we were there.
Yes, Mr Vincent Tan and I had coffee. But the most important thing was that he was godsend to share with me a few things about my depression. He was so shocked by the accident and my desire to destroy myself. He shared his life with me and he taught me how to pray so I can live a rich life. I am so thankful for this young man.
Vincent is a very God fearing man. He heeded God's advice and went to study in a Bible School so he can grow in the Lord. He is very sensitive to God's holy spirit and has a great heart full of compassion for people. He was the guy who thought I was angry with him over a case. But I have actually forgotten how angry I was. I am also glad that I cannot remember. That means I have forgiven and forgotten. It feels so great.
God used him last night to affirm me of many things. I am touched. And paying for his supper was worth it. hahaha. But to be honest he paid for coffee. He told me of some of the qualities I have and affirm me for my worth. Thank God for Vincent and for using him to speak to me. Vincent also shared about his views on the Toronto Blessing. Indeed he has used his heart to seek after God. May God bless him richly and heal him fast so he can be ready for school. His heart is burdened to serve God overseas and may God guide and lead him. May God prepare the ground he has to enter. I am hoping to find him a wife. Whoever marries him will have to be a good help mate. Because he will be sent out to the field where it is already white with harvest.
Before I dropped him off at Bukit Batok, he prayed for me. That God will set me free from the bondage. When he looked into my eyes and my entire being last night, he said I looked alert. I am getting my thoughts together.
Cindy has recommended that I take DHA and EPA oils for my depression. I did a check online and found that these two Omega 3 oils can cushion the membrane between the brain and the skull. The neuro transmitters also need the oils to properly communicate and with the oils, we will not be able to link up the thoughts. Interestingly our body don't produce these oils naturally and therefore I have to drink it up. I took a spoonful and I was alert all the way home. I was able to do some work and knock off around midnight.
According to research, these oils are known to reduce the risk of subjecting Japanese teenage boys to depression and increases concentration amongst them. It is supposed to be a natural form of lithium, a drug meant for people with bipolar disorders.
I am taking active steps to healing my soul and my mind. Continue to pray for me. Busy busy days ahead.