I busied about with my chores and hoping the car will be back soon. No such luck. So after work, I went to Siew Yong's place to paint. She called it Art Jamming. It is pretty cheap. About 88 dollars for 5 hours.
I still pursued the idea of life's transient moments. But this time I decided to add the chains. I felt that I am bounded by chains. Different kinds. Some are intentional while some are accidental. But these chains can fall off as and when they are ready to go both for the person who are bounded or the person who binds. Whatever it is, when the chains broke, so are the ties. However, some parts of the chains still remains intact. Aha, my painting now has substance. I also added colours, more green and blue on the white. There are explosions of events on the canvas and these typify the episodes of my life where there was heat and there was ice. There will be tones of green to blue to red to brown to yellow and fading into pale white.
I will have trouble painting the chains because I have to make them 3D like and this is going to be a challenge.
Did I plan all these before I paint? No I didn't. I did sketch out the chains and then I picked up my brush and looked at the colour and let my hand take control. I surprise myself on how well I brought out the colours. I was pleasantly surprise by my ability to blend in the colours. I was also exploring the different types of strokes with the new brushes I bought. Then my mind travels with my eyes to bring out what I really felt was in my heart.
I draw when I am inspired. I don't know how to explain why I see such things but I do. I never really know if I am good but I guess I can pass since I took O level art and I am supposed to be trained to teach Art. Other than some pencil drawings, I cannot really draw.
I was forced to produce some art pieces during my NIE days for my graduation. All I did was to draw with colour pencils and pastels. There is something about rubbing the pastel on paper and shading with my colour pencils. I enjoyed these two medium. I copied from books and then learn on my own. It was a few years ago when I had to do three small pieces for a gift that I tried acrylic. And I find acrylic to be a medium that I thoroughly enjoy. I like the textures it can create with the brush and on canvas. Acrylic is good for me because I don't like to plan what to draw. I just let my mind and my hand take me to where my heart is. Sometimes I sit for two hours to think of what to draw. But today, I took less than 30 minutes. Inspiration just hits.
Two other students were at the studio. One is a sec 3 girl working on her art exam and another 4 year old who was so so talented. This little girl came over and took a look at my painting and told me she likes the colours. Me too! Jia En, the other student, liked the texture.
I hope to meet with these two students when I am there the next time. After I finish this piece, I will probably do another one on my own.
I hope I will be able to take leave to go away for a while. I hope there is money to be able to allow me to do that soon. Then I will draw there. Wherever there is! Anywhere cheap and good and home.
This is my unfinished work. Notice the different strokes and colours.
