Monday, February 21, 2011

An interesting Sunday

I had a severe infection on Saturday and so most of the time, I laid in bed to rest. I was so afraid of the pain that I actually went to the doctor to get an injection. I was also afraid that if the infection didn't clear, I would not be able to attend church tomorrow.

I arrived late today for service. I was visiting Meixian's church. This was the lady who read my blog and came searching for me until she found and connected with me on Facebook. I sat in the front row. I didn't see her but later she came and told me she would have to sit behind to take care of things. The singing was good and the songs ministered to me. The pastor and speaker is Meixian's husband. The message was excellent. It directed at me from 1John 1: 5-7. It talks about darkness and light. About how there is light and there will not be darkness. I thought about the light and the darkness and how it applies to the darkness that so looms me. I fight everyday with the darkness and today I felt extremely peaceful when I woke up. A burden seem to have lifted because I have decided to give God everything. And I told Him to lead because I am very tired.


Light and darkness cannot co-exist. We are in the light and we have no business in darkness.The message ended with this song below.




Towards the end of the service, there was a new comers' welcome and we are supposed to stand. I didn't stand. After the service, I was introduced to the Meixian's husband and he was very happy to meet me. She told me later that the church was already informed of my coming. I was rather relieved that I was not given that warm welcome. Later I had breakfast with Meixian. As I drove her to Dawson Place I asked if she spoke to her husband about my depression. She told me she did. Hahaha. Her husband was fun to listen to. Most of all he is a god-fearing man. I told Meixian that I would be back. 

Then I drove to meet my ex boss Ms Koe and had lunch. While waiting for her to finish church, I received a message from Annie. I called her immediately and told her I would like to visit Siok Fung. So I rushed down after lunch to meet Annie and Siok Fung. Siok Fung is in her last stage of a rare form cancer of the smooth muscle. Her health has deteriorated rather rapidly and all chemotherapy failed. She is now on Chinese Medicine. Her stomach is very bloated and she looks greyish. Both Annie and I tried to cheer her up. We talked about good old times and when we were ready to go for a walk by the beach, it started to drizzle. I drove her home and then went to Annie's place to visit with her mum and aunt I have not met for the last 15 years. Both older ladies are keeping well. And both looked alert.
Annie's mother remembers me fondly. I sat and chatted for a while before going to meet my HP boys. Annie and I have decided to bring Siok Fung out more often when she is still able to. She told her group members of which she leads that she is all ready to meet God. Such courage!

Aha! The Wushu champion was there. We had a nice simple dinner. The boys were already playing at Gordon's house. They had an early dinner and so were just joining me for the fun of it. Like always, I will nag about studying hard for the A levels and in between we interjected with some gossips of who is dating who and why...all my boys are excellent consultants of matters of the heart...they also mend the broken hearts.



Then I sent some of them home. My dad was just commenting how with the car I am starting to roam again. I really like to drive. Like painting, driving is freeing. I sometimes think dream and drive is more dangerous than drink and drive. There can be equipment to check drunk drivers but there is no equipment to check dreamy drivers.

I don't always think when I drive but I tend to in the night when I drive. And I am dangerous when I drive alone. That was why I put on the music. This way I don't get too distracted by the thoughts. But when I have a passenger, it is different, I will chat to keep awake.