School will start tomorrow. Dad advised me to drive to work but I was wondering about the traffic coming home. I have a long meeting after 3pm and will not end until after 5pm. So traffic will be heavy. I agree to try.
There is not much to look forward to I think. It will be the usual fare of pushing for results. The whole holiday I was marking the scripts and keying in the marks and the remarks. I managed to squeeze some time for myself only after Thursday. But the rain came and kept me in housebound most of the time. The rain was good. It cooled the air and washed away the pollutants. Beijing and 4 other cities were not so fortunate. They had the sandstorms.
Over the weekend, I received two emails from my students in the school I am presently teaching. Both emails were surprisingly inspiring. I do have very teachable students although they can be a handful. What surprised me was the high level of reflectiveness they possess.
I opened my email this afternoon and was pleasantly surprised by a letter from a student who woke up from a very deep sleep. In his email, he mentioned about his anger and concluded that he was actually angry with himself. His attitude was very encouraging and I hope he will not stop and be discouraged by the setbacks he will face. I believe he will go far. What counts is not how many mistakes you have made or how many lost years. What counts is correctly what is wrong and move on from where you left off. But this student was smart, he equipped himself with tools to help him secure a better future. Not many students are that fortunate to have the resources to help them move on. That is why so many just give up.
That is why sometimes it is good to teach. We want to meet these individuals and watch their change over time. Unfortunately we cannot live forever and if the change doesn't happen now, it will not happen.
Some of us live like there is no end. Well the journey got to stop some day. At the end of the journey, can we safely say that we have walked on bravely or we have walked on unwisely. A huge crowd of witnesses will be at the grandstand watching us as we finish the race. So what will the scores be for all of us when we hit the finish line?
I don't know what I will score. I just hope the time comes and God finds me faithful despite all my many failures in life.
Last night I also explored about the work of the Holy Spirit. He is God. And I thought about who He is and realized that if we invoke the Holy Spirit to fill us, we are asking Him to make us wise and stronger. We are also asking Him to give us good counsel when we are stuck with problems or issues unresolved.
In another hour I will proceed to school where we will be celebrating the 91st years of the founding of the school. Not somethings I want to go but have to.
So while you get your things ready for tomorrow, remember there will be spot check.