I was extremely tired the last two days. My knees are giving me problems again. I thought by taking the new supplements that have to do with stem cells will improve. This was because for the first week I was taking these pills, my body was just warm and the pain was not so sharp after taking them. But the last two days were different. Today especially I was beginning to limp. I was so glad the day finally ended early for me and I took off for home before the clouds started to pour. I dropped a friend off at Newton MRT station and then went on to ECPor what I think was ECP. It was jammed. I then drove towards Kallang to take Nicoll Highway but that too was missed. I moved towards Geylang knowing it would be bad. And I was right smack in the traffic jam. I moved slowly and went towards Bendemeer and somehow I got myself home 45 minutes later. By the time I reached home, I was super exhausted and hungry. I ate and then slept for a while and got up to drive the car back to Eunos. Had my dinner and then headed to the train station.
As I walked towards the station, I saw a familiar face. I called out to her and she stopped and greeted me. She was my ex chairman of my class in Cedar Girls. And I had a lot of fun working with her. She was always patient and understanding and extremely kind. She was a HOD for English and I found out she left teaching 7 years ago. She is now free lancing. She told me that she missed Paya Lebar Station and she knew now why. She took the route for the last ten years and never missed. But tonight she did. We were meant to meet.
I drove her to her church and then headed home. On our way to her church, FCBC, we chatted about my life in general for the last 12 years. We certainly have a lot to catch up.
I thank GOD for all my students, be they from the past or the present. They make my life interesting.
Today I taught a great Geography lesson. I didn't even use the powerpoint. I went straight to the honest to goodness text and white board and thinking. I left the classroom feeling like I struck gold. It was so good to see my students face light up and they are starting to ask questions. This is exciting.
Work is becoming harsher. Not harder but harsher. There is just too much to do and not enough people to do them. The same number of people are taxed. Unlike Samuel, I believ there is need to draw a line about how much to do. He is good at working extremely hard. I prefer to work smart. At my age, no more energy to do hard work. So I have to work smart and see if there is anything I can do to improve learning without stressing myself. So far, the students are cooperating with me. I am thankful for that.
Well, my knees are hurting again and I am sleeping early. Tomorrow is another day with my Great God.