Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Invisible Church

Today's Precept class was on Revelation 3:14-22. It is the all so familiar Church at Laodecia. All so familiar because this is the term Lukewarm was first written. To be luke warm is to be neither hot nor cold. I always thought this is the church that describes Christians who warm the pews, indifferent about the faith they profess and these are people who simply don't want to get involved in anything except be in the church. But to my surprise, actually these "Christians" in the Laodecian church were not saved. They were spiritually blinded and arrogant. In fact, the members of this church were so rich that they had no need of anything. Jesus asked them to come and buy gold that is refined from Him. Jesus needed them to give up all their riches to follow Him and to go through the trials He went through and the sufferings the true believers went through in order to have eternal salvation.

So it is not really appropriate anymore to call LUKEWARM CHRISTIANS. Because to be lukewarmed, Jesus will spit you out of His mouth. That will mean lukewarm people will not have a place in heaven. Jesus rather have people who are on fire for Him or dead against Him then not to show any zeal or strong dislike towards Him. These two extreme are obvious. But to be lukewarm is so difficult to see. 

The Churches we go to may be a "Christian" church but what is more important is this invisible church that will ultimately show the spiritual state of a church. If the spiritual state of the Church is not clear and shown, then the people in it will be deceived to believe they are okay in the eyes of GOD. Thus it is still back to the same old conclusion. As believers in Jesus we must be diligently in seeking God and to study His word. We must never leave knowing GOD to just the pastors and the elders of the church. We must walk with Jesus. Because believing in Jesus is a personal walk, all the more we have to desire it. 


Today, like any other Saturday, the Calvary Baptist Church invited me to join them for the sunday service. They are very concerned about where I should go. I am not sure where I should go. I think it is utterly important I don't end up in a church that is supposedly Christian. There is so much hype about going to church these days and how to interest the congregation to worship God such that drawing nearer to God can become a show. It is so rehearse that there is no more leading of the Holy Spirit. There is no more thumping of the heart. But more orchestrating of what is "Shiok" about the day. If we remove the Ra Ra show of the worship team, will there still be a crowd. How many in the crowd can honestly say they are fed? I am seeking to find a church I can call Home. May be I just cannot find one. But I sure know I want to serve God.


I am feeling much better after a deep sleep. And I mean deep. One in which I believe I could not even hear my alarm rang. I thank GOD I am more mobile today and I even drove. Thank you for praying. May the Lord continue to bless all of you reading this blog.