I come to one conclusion with regard to driving and rain. These two just are not good friends. Don't drive on a rainy day or even after the rain. The cars become umbrellas for some of us and so...if you were to look at the road jammed with cars with brake lights on all the time, they are actually taking a rather not so romantic walk down the PIE. Crawling along the dark PIE with red lanterns to wherever there is a space to squeeze out of the highway was no fun.
I was to meet Joshua for dinner last night and had to pick him up at Alexandra Hospital. Before that I went to service the car in tip top condition because Peck San said to do so before she left. I programmed the GPS system and was confident it could not fail me. But I have this habit of not following the GPS. I decided to defy the GPS and wanted to test if it could recalculate where I was to get me to where I wanted to from what they suggested. The Rebel in me just wanted to test out the system. I thought the GPS system in my car was not so intelligent, it could not calculate. But I was wrong. It could do it. Yeah...and I went on the ECP (East Coast Parkway and there is no park there but there was sort of a coast). Traffic was heavy but passable. I did fine until I came to a turn off for Alexandra Road. Aha...very near now but somehow, I turned off wrongly and mssed the entire road and went back on the ECP and got lost with the GPS.
I should have called the most reliable GPS ever, dad! But it was too late. I went round and round for about 90 minutes. Hahaha. And the best part, I was half tank full by the time I found Joshua. It was tough and he was cranky and not very nice. This was not because I was late, he was very upset with a friend who didn't pass the exams.
After dinner, I drove home with my eyes almost half close. There were a few near accidents on the way to our dinner point. I could not see the cars at the blind spot on my left. And I find it especially hard to see anything too dark in the dark night. I have decided that black cars are not good on a dark rainy night. Wonder if there is something that can change the car colour when it is too dark to something luminous? Can you invent something like that...have a luminous paint over the car? My eyes are kind of funny because I didn't sleep at all on Friday. My mind became very active round about 8pm on Thursday night designing a blog for the class. Then my mind couldn't shut down.
I must not work too hard after 10pm. I must shut down or my mind cannot shut down.
I left the school on Friday afternoon very happy. Happy because Joshua passed his exams. Thank God for all the answered prayers. Praise Him for granting Joshua wisdom to complete his education. GOD is good all the time. Although I didn't have a good dinner because I was really tired, I slept well last night. I slept well because I have decided to take actions.
I am so blessed with my two nieces Tiffany and Theodora. I have to take care of them this afternoon. We did something naughty. We went to get some Donuts and some very sinful oat milk. And we kept eating and eating. But most of all..I had so much fun playing with them. Well, they like to plaid my hair (very little hair now) and we like to watch Tudou together. At dinner, Theodora (only 7 years old) helped me brown garlic and then set the table for dinner. Yes, set the table. She arranged the bowls and the chopsticks and spoons ready for all 7 of us. May God bless the little ones that come to Him.
Dad also told me the other day that Ryan moved him. Dad and Richard have been angry with each other. Dad did not go to Richard's church for three weeks to boycott my brother. The incident after the birthday dinner didn't wear off that easy. My brother refused to speak to us but he always tell my peacemaker sister that he was busy. But we all know that this is not the truth. The person who broke this pride is RYAN. Ryan very casually told his dad and shared about forgiveness with my brother at a lunch with dad's friends. Ryan told Richard that it is important to forgive people. That shook my brother a lot and he called up last week to have dinner with my dad. God bless Ryan with a heart for Him.
I want nothing more than all those I love know Jesus. At dinner, Joshua told me that he thanked God for all that he has now. I recall how when he was in his first year in his studies, he was really obnoxious. I think it is because he belonged to a group with a lot more temptations since he and his peers can earn a lot of money. But I prayed that God will become real to him. Last night he said that he wondered if he would ever lose his salvation because there are times when he just isn't that good a christian. Aha...are we all overcomers. We are all overcomers because God has sent Jesus to pay that price so we can overcome. And last night Joshua said he knew that no matter what, he will never lose his salvation. Praise the Lord.
Bonita also wrote to tell me how Ron (her brother) narrowly missed a head on accident. He survived to rescue the two 2ton truck drivers from the ditch. The roads were slippery along the way to Bow Island and it was a miracle Ron survived. Ron is like my brother too. He told me when Debbie (Bonita's late sister) went home to be with God that I am like a sister to him too. I cried that day, very moved to be included because I was just a student from Singapore.
Because of who God is, I know whatever I am going through is all in His will. There must be a reason why I came to where I am and going where I will be going and doing what I am doing. Everything doesn't make sense to me too. None. But I trust Him. Looking at all those loved ones and how He took care of them, I know He is in Full Control.
Have a good week...I will have a good one.