It was the third time I am in Taiwan. The first time was with mum. She never flew before this. I was working with Singapore Airlines then and got two free tickets. So both of us flew to Taipei. We checked into a hotel in Ximending area and the night I could remember was the sound from the railway track. Mum bought a pair of running shoes there too. And we have our first cup of Papaya milk shake. They still taste so good today.
The second time I was with Yong En and Shengquan. We were on our way back from Washington after the Thinkquest Award Ceremony. All three of us were there for a night and we zipped past some of the areas. Some I still remember how to get there with my mum.
This time round, I am travelling with some friends. I checked into the hotel I booked from the internet and then started to check out the area around the hotel. The hotel is located in the north of Taipei City. We got around pretty okay with the bus and the train. It is important that your geography is good and must learn to read signs.
Now we are in Taichung. Last night we were in Tainan. I had a serious infection at my joint around the ankle that I had to find a chinese physician for treatment. I limped all the way to search for one and eventually just walked into a random shop
Thank God the doctor was a good one and in about three hours, the inflamation has gone done reasonably and the leg is able to move better. Then I hobbled back to the church I walked into when I needed the restroom. I promised I would be back to attend their youth group and I did. It was rather interesting. They teach English first using the scriptures and some tapes and got the youths to read aloud. Then there is a speaker on Genesis 1: 1-6. Then they break up into cell group. When they broke up into cell group it was already 930pm. I was so tired that I had to go back to look for my bed.
I showered and then read some pages of my chinese book on Education in harvard. Took my pain killers and then knocked off.
The hotel I checked into in Tainan was really expensive. Breakfast was a small portion but I must say the people are extremely friendly here in Taiwan. Tainan is extremely clean. You won't believe this but there is no litter. No one sweeps the road like we do in Singapore to keep the streets, the alleys and the playground clean. It is a way of life in Tainan. Amazingly!
Got to check into the hotel in Taichung. Can't wait to jump into the shower than sight seeing.
Ciao