Sunday, October 23, 2011

Today is a great day of rejoicing

Today's sermon is about thirsting for God. I slept early so I could be alert. Senior Pastor Daniel Foo is a great speaker and much to learn from. The sanctuary was exceptionally packed this morning. About a while later, I saw my subject head came in with another colleague. This is her second time in the church. I quickly messaged my friend to pray cos they are good friends and we knew she was seeking God. The message was powerful and then it happened at the altar call. She  started to walk towards the front where the call was. My colleague escorted her and then she prayed. I am not sure if she prayed the sinner's prayer but I am sure she gave her life to God this morning. What a blessing it was indeed.

I went for tuition and before I could go to another one, Lily messaged me. She wanted me to meet a girl who is having problem with social studies. She is also suffering from anorexia and is suicidal as she has attempted to take her life. I rushed down to see Lily cos I was nearby and then we met at the hospital. I spoke to this young girl, really pretty and not too thin yet. But she looked really lost. I had to prepare her for SS so I showed her my website. And then got her to do some simple search. She told me her SS is the worst subjects. Lily stayed to teach her English and then I left for another tuition. 

Just a while ago, Lily messaged me that this young lady has accepted the Lord. Right now Lily is on the phone with her counselling her about her emotional problems. But she said the sinner's prayers. So God will protect and grant her peace.

Here are two persons who thirst after God and they met God. I met God today too. When I surrender everything and everyone to God only then will the Holy Spirit come and flow through me. 

Jesus is enough. If you find any obstacles in your life, at work, it is because we allow these obstacles to be there. The story goes that one day a man found that there is only a trickle of water. He got the plumber in and found that he needed to change the pipe. Because he stayed in a village, it was not uncommon to have this problem. When the plumber cut off a section of the pipe, out came a dead toad. Yes, a tadpole swam in and got comfortable and started to grow and choked up the pipe until it died. 


Obstacles are like our dead toad. They are small to begin with and that got bigger and bigger until they choke out the Holy Spirit. We cannot hear God, see God and Live for God. When this happens our lives are not the same. There is no flow of living waters. To get rid of the obstacles we have to come to God and confess what hinders us from this flow and to ask God to remove them.

Today I asked the Lord and surrender again the things that hold me down. I felt so good. I want to move with God and for God and so it was a good change of pace for me.


I am enjoying my work with my tuition kids. Each of them is precious before God. I rather spend time with them these days because I get to tell them about Jesus. In school, I can pray with my students and we commit each other, colleagues and all to prayer when things get busy. I thank God that He put me right in His will. And according to Nehemiah, when God is in control, and I give Him this Lordship, I am going to be blessed. When we put God first in everything we do, God will bless us even when the going gets tough.