Sunday, October 02, 2011

My Jiaqing!

This morning before going to church, I checked my facebook in case Bonita leaves any messages. Yah, she did. Then I saw another window popped up. It was Jiaqing. She left a beautiful message. She shared about going to feed the homeless on the streets at Vancouver's night sky and going to Guatemala to reach out to the Mayans!


I read the message again and then she came online. I have to ask. Have you accepted Christ as your saviour? Don't just feed the body. Feed the soul and heal the sick as well. She said she has accepted the Lord. Amen!

That is what I like about my job. That God save each and every one of the students that came into and out of my life. That even though I cannot reach out, He can still send others to reach out and bring them closer to Him. 

Jiaqing is a very brilliant girl. She came from a line of doctors and surgeons and engineers in her family. Most of all I know that her grandparents are Christians but her parents are not. I am sure her grandparents will be so happy to know she has accepted the Lord!

Jiaqing is a very humble and extremely caring person. I managed to write her a recommendation for the school and helped her with some minor admin matters to get her out of the international school. I wanted her to stay and perhaps things can change if I had not left. When I left, she asked me why she should stay. So I told her to leave and we tried several attempts when finally she could go Vancover to study. What better choice!


I am going to see her this winter. I am going to make plans to fly back to Calgary. I will go visit Jiaqing and Peck San in Vancouver and then to Calgary. I will drop by San Francisco to see Tianhan before returning home. It will be quite a while before I get home.

Bonita is right. I have a new path set before me. This time He is involved very clearly. And I know it is His will. Because there is peace and everyone around me rejoices with me. Amen!



Jiaqing said a prayer for me when I told her a choice I have to make. She protested when I told her about a possibility of returning to the previous choice. And today she told me her prayer is answered. Her prayer is for me to reach out to more students and not to go back to the cesspool. Wow! Now I have her praying for me too. I told everyone that wherever I am, I am happy because I know God is with me. It is not the money. It is where God wants me that matters.




Dear God
What a wonderful Father you are! Not only did you save us from our sins, you make us victors in death and in life. Thank you that even though there are many failures in our lives, you have turned them to successes. Thank you for the tears in the night because you always bring a new song in the morning. How amazing you are!

It is more amazing when we are in your will. The will of getting closer to you and doing your work. Lord make my path straight and bless the new job, in a new school. Bless me Lord bountifully and don't let anything stop me from serving you. Remove the obstacle, human or imaginary, physical or spiritual so that I may live a life of obedience to glorify your name. I cannot do this alone and I know full well only YOU can make things happen. I am all yours and bless me Father everyday with people who love and care about me as a person, and not as a machine.

Thank you so much for Jiaqing! You are indeed a great God and greatly to be praised! Bless her work amongst the homeless. Protect her, not just physically, but also spiritually. Thank you so much for the work of the church she is with. Bless the people who are around her to watch her grow in you. Bless them with wisdom to know how to nurture your child who is so young in faith. Bless Jiaqing because she may be young, but she dares to embrace everything you give her. May this salvation she has, bring her parents closer to you. Bless her family with the gift of salvation too.

Thank you Lord for closing some chapters in my life and opening new ones for me. I love you Lord and YOU are enough! Bless me as I go to church. I want to worship you today and everyday!

Amen!