Monday, October 03, 2011

I continue to rejoice about Jiaqing.

I cannot stop talking about Jiaqing. I just can't. She has made everything I worked for so much more meaningful. I shared with Lily about Jiaqing last night as we reflected on our role as an educator. We are so much more than just a brain or a machine to mark. We can touch lives.

Jiaqing told me that her prayer for me is not just to groom leaders but to inspire students to love God. Well, I cannot do that on my own. She will have to pray for me.
This morning when I arrived school, it was such a great sense of peace. Nothing disturbs me because I am walking right in the will of God. As usual my morning chat with Bonita was encouraging and she told me to go in the direction God has chosen for me.


For the next year, I will be here.

And already my 5 eager beavers are waiting for me to teach Geography. They are cramming as much as they can in the one hour for me to teach. And yet I cannot stop but share with them about Jiaqing. Cannot stop because even when I clocked in my hours, I shared about her to my admin personnel. I am bubbling with joy!


This school is a Christian school with many non Christian teachers. But here at least I can teach God legally and without shame and punishment. I already found students from Christian families beaming with joy. I am deliberately sought after because of my reputation in my previous school. And I made a difference to their learning. That to me is very encouraging.


The staff here is great. They smile at you. From the minute you enter the school gate to the office to the staffroom, there is HI! How are you? How was your weekend? Subject head that is not threatened by my experience and is willing to let me take the lead in some workshops. It is very sharing and caring.



After class, I came back to a table with a slice of water melon. Some will deliberately offer them to me. And every Tuesday is Chinese Dessert day. And I just sit next to the pantry. Laughter at tea break and at lunch time. Praise the Lord in the middle of a very sultry afternoon. Wow...this is where I will be for the next year.

The weekend has been just blessed. Blessed to know God is in control. Bless to know that I can trust the Holy Spirit to work and to comfort.


Sunday's message was about who the Holy Spirit is. And I prayed that God will comfort me and counsel me. And I left the church very very at peace with what I have discussed with Jesus. Jesus has given us His Holy Spirit. A person who knows and understands our struggles. Who is willing to comfort when we ask Him to.



Dear Father


What a wonderful day it is today. The sun is shining brightly and so is my spirit. Thank you that You have asked us to have faith that things will be in your control. I am glad...My heart is glad because I know you are at work. Thank you Lord for all that you have given me. The good, the bad and the ugly. Thank you for going through with me the good, the bad and the ugly. I will remember all the good, forget all the bad and not relive the ugly by your grace. You are my strength, strength like no other. You are my hope, hope like no other. You lift me up!



In the fullness of your grace, in the power of your name, I will arise! Father bless me exceedingly and abundantly beyond all that I can imagine!



You know who I am Lord. Whether I am good, whether I am bad, whether I am ugly, You still love me. Thank you so much.

Bless my students. Bless them richly when they walk in your ways. Chide them when they go astray but ultimately stay with them and see them through their difficult times. You are amazing! You are GOD!


Bless Jiaqing. Lord here is a child who is willing to embrace you with her heart fully. Bless Lily who seeks to serve you with her tuition. Bless Peck San who is determined to know about you. They are my comfort and strength to carry on. Give Peck San wisdom as she studies at UBC. Likewise grant Jiaqing wisdom to finish her TOK. And most of all, bless Lily as she manages the new house she just bought. Wow! It is breath taking already counting blessing with just three. And you gave me so much the more. You are indeed the God of so much more.

Bless you Lord! My  soul doest bless you!

Amen!









I shall end this blog with my favourite hymn. But this version is so good. Sung from hearts that seek to know God. Every time when I sing this song, I just cannot help but cry with gratitude to know Jesus continues to love me even though I fail in every area of my life. That it is not about how good I am but all about How gracious He is. The fact is Jesus Loves Me! It will never change. And I am so blessed today with peace in my heart. No anger, just peace and tremendous amount of joy as I go about my work and my tuition. Tonight again, I had so much fun with my China Kids. God is to be praised.

Have a good week ahead. It will be great because I walk in God's will.