Today is National Day. Not many of us hang out our national flag this week or today. It may not mean PAP has few supporters. It may mean that there are no free flags for us to hang up.
I got up early to pick up two friends and we drove into JB. We had a geat time. Both Peck San and Bee Yen went to my house in JB and helped me clean after our breakfast. The breakfast was so good and cheap.
We went to the mall to pick up a nice evening bag for a special dinner I had to attend on Friday. I am invited to a special award ceremony for an ex student. I am thankful he remembered me and invited. He doesn't have to do it.
Another student who remembered me is Chuan Wei. He messaged to say he is BACK! Wow. He told me he will be buying me lunch and I am not to pay for the meal. The last time, he paid too. He is back for a long while. I always enjoy talking to him. And he is a big shot now. I am just amazed how he always seek me out.
You know what it is to be sought out. Not sought after. But sought out. I feel kind of special that people take the trouble to look out for me and single me out for something good. Really good feeling.
Today Peck San shared about how cheap it was to study in Canada. She is leaving for her Masters Course in early childhood in Vancouver. I am going to miss her company.
I also found a cure to my very painful knees. I seem to be losing muscles in my legs. Some friends kept asking if I had lost weight. I think I had lost muscles in my legs. I asked the pharmacist for some drugs to numb the pain. She recommended me glucosamine and chondroitin. I took 3 on empty stomach and my pain is greatly relieved. Amazing!
It has been a "quiet National Day". I took time out to think and to catch up on some friends I have not met for a long time. It is good to take a break from work. We should do that more oftern ;)