I have been thinking about the 3 old ladies again for the whole of this past week. I told myself that now that I have a car to drive, I should have no more excuses not going up to Pipit Road to look for these three ladies.
I didn't go to church. Instead I sent Dad to his church service. I drove him and his friend, a 85 year old man (fit and tall) to the church in Punggol. Dad has learned not to tell me how to drive and he has accepted that I may ask him what is the next thing to do. Before I got up this morning, I knew I had to drive him to church and then a nagging feeling that I must go find those 3 ladies.
After dropping dad off, I drove to Pipit Road, climbed up block 94 and found eighth floor. I knocked on the door and when it opened it was an old man instead. I knew then that I got up the wrong block.
I phoned the lady who helped me gather these three ladies earlier but her phone was not switched on. Then this time, she was on the phone. I was to go to block 90 and to the 7th floor instead.
When I finally found the lady who went down the block while I was up on the block, we had some lunch. She ate earlier so she had some sprite. I knew later I should not have given her that. This was because I found that her right ankle was swollen and cracked open and it was turning black. She is diabetic. Together with Joee (her god daughter) we wanted to bring her to the doctor. She got angry with us and so we decided to leave. Before leaving I told her I would be angry with her if nothing is done when I next see her. The next time, I am going to bring Joshua with me. I don't know what is best for her and if she doesn't want to go to the doctor, at least Joshua can give her some first aid.
Next I got my car washed. It was cleaner now. And I had to wait like 20 minutes before I got it washed and finally after 40 minutes the car was cleaned. I drove to pick up two chinese students and we went to the beach at east coast. They told me that they have never been anywhere in Singapore except around campus for the last two and a half years. I was not only shocked but felt really sorry for them. That was why they too were on my mind this morning. They also told me that because they were not allowed to cook, most of the time, their dinners were merely snacks they could find at the supermarket. So I bore that in mind and decided I should take them out once a week to have a decent meal.
When they saw the beach, they were so happy. Like little girls running loose in the wild, they rush to the shores. The sea was lovely today and so were the beautiful sky. The sky was splattered with different types of clouds. I found the cumulonimbus, then the mackerel sky and then some cumulus. But the sky was blue. The girls were just thrilled to be able to see the sea. They took some pictures and I am sure they will send some home.
Next we ate at the East Coast Food village and I got them laksa, fried oysters and some fish ball soup, rojak and chicken wings (roasted over charcoal). They enjoyed their meal and they told me they never ate what I ordered before. To them, what was sold at the canteen was Singapore food. I told them, I only eat the food in the canteen because there is nothing else to eat and real food is not in school. Hahaha.
Next, we hit the airport. They told me that they always never really explore the two terminals. So I gave them an hour and they went exploring.
After that we went back to their hostel in Bukit Timah.
This was my Sunday. How was yours? I didn't go to church. I brought church to the people, I hope. I will be visiting the lady again to check on her leg. I am worried. One day if I don't watch what I am eating, I will be like that too.