different. We had to draw chapters 12 to 16 and I didn't do my homework. I was rather in a bad mood because I did something I should not have done but I did it anyways. I can excuse myself from this bad behaviour simply because I am peri-menopausing. But I know it is not true. I know it is my bad attitude. Shall not talk about that.
Instead when I was at class yesterday, I felt a great sense of belonging. I have come to attend the class and always looking forward to meeting my new found friends because we work together to try and understand what we make of the study. My new friend Ruth is always the most hardworking. She always attends and does her work and so I was too glad to sit with her when she asked me to. Unfortunately she didn't do her work. We are both going to catch up next week and draw what we saw as we read through Revelations.
This week we talked about the red dragon with seven heads, 10 horns, a tail that bring down one third of the stars and the woman with a moon at her feet and adorned with the sun. Interesting right? We think John had a flashback and he was witnessing the event that was occuring when Christ was born. There is no explanation yet because we are to draw what we saw in these chapters. We have to wait till July to begin interpreting what we saw.
Different dragons were drawn and we all shared whatever we dare share. Some of us drew so well, some like me, cannot draw. Hahaha. But we all got the same pictures in our heads when we read.
The interesting events occurred in chapters 15 and 16 of Revelations. There were 7 angels and each with 7 bowls and as the Lord granted them permission, they pour the bowls of things into the earth. Go find out what it is. One thing is for sure...these bowls contain bad stuff. One of the bowls contained the wrath of God. And one unleash lightning, thunder and earthquakes....aha! Hint! Hint!
Each time as Iceland continues to spew out lava and ash, I know the Lord is at work. I know He is in control and He is reminding me that He will be coming SOON.
The message from Wayne Barber was very different from what we did yesterday. He shared about Revelations chapter 4 where Jesus was the slained lamb that was standing. After Jesus completed the work on the cross, He returned to heaven after the resurrection before many, many witnesses and then it was recorded that He was seated on the throne. But when John saw Jesus in heaven, John saw that this time, Jesus was standing up.
When do we stand up and not sit? We sit to rest from a job done. But when do we stand? I stand up when I need to run errands, when I disagree with some stuff mentioned or when I decide it is time to go.
Jesus is standing today, getting ready to do the things the Father is going to send Him to do because only He is worthy to do it. Amen.
What will Jesus be doing? Many things. Read Revelations then.
All the disasters point to one thing, He is coming.
I read about a severe dust storm in QInghai that is like the end of the days. We have seen nothing yet. There will come a day when everything in the sea will die, the rivers will turn red and stars will come crashing. I will not be here. Will be raptured and will be chatting with my maker and probably singing a new song in heaven with my mother. :)
But you may say, this is just my way of destressing and fantasizing about my work. Haha. Trust me, when you read revelations, it is not about doom. To me, it is about a promise of what Jesus will do and that gives me hope for the weeks of work to come. Knowing He will keep His promise allows me to know that whatever lies ahead can be bad but it will not be so bad when He will be in control.
Have a great week. Mine will be nothing more than marking exams. Staining my room with blood of students who didn't study but spot questions....evil...hahaha.