I am beginning to enjoy staying home and not working. I have been fighting a naggy flu, the kind that gives you the headache, lingers and refuses to go away despite taking pain killers two by two, over three days. So I decided to rush to the clinic after school and got the rest of the day off and the next day too.
I got up later and was able to sleep right through the night, thanks to my muscle relaxant. The headache still hangs over me like a stubborn stain. I had no choice and so decided to take Panadol Flu max. That did the trick. If only I knew!
The flu these days are awful. It can really knock the socks out of you. And I am so glad to rest too. Rest means not to lie in bed. Rest is to go marketing and cook dad a good meal.
Tonight we had watercress soup. I changed the ingredients a little and the soup tasted great with figs. I went to get the freshest pork bones so that my soup will taste good.
Being a Cantonese, our TONG (soups) are of great significance. It is about removing the heatiness in our bodies or reviatlize our coolness in us. So I have to be extremely careful with the ingredients that go into the TONG. In Hong Kong, tong is the norm. They like to take their tong before they eat anything else because tong might just dilute the enzymes at the mouth and cause indigestion. I did try to do that in my home but not very successful. It has become a habit to have tong with food. If we have tong first, then we will eat much less and stay fit.
These days it is just dad and I at dinner. The food court down my block is now much better but I am getting sick of the food. So I prefer to cook my own meals. Cooking also de-stresses my mind and when I am stressed up, I cook one of the best meals.
The week is almost gone. Tomorrow is a tight scheduled day for me. And I look forward to coming home early. Friday is happy day. Because it means I get to go to Bible study. But this Saturday will be fun. I am going to sing karaoke. Yup. I have not done that with Leng Leng and Florence for almost a year. Time to get the microphones ready. Haha.
And I wonder if Shin Miin will join us! Then we can all sing the golden oldies!