Friday, October 02, 2009

The End of Times?

Is this the end of times? Well, the time for the end is not known even to Jesus and Satan. I do know the signs. As predicted by Daniel and confirmed again in Matthew 24 by Christ that there will be wars, rumours of wars, diseases, pestilences, earthquakes etc. So the study of the book of Daniel becomes more exciting when we hear and are reminded time and time again that God means what He says and He will come again.

The very recent earthquake in Indonesia was quite an awakening. I understood from one student who stays in Marine Parade that his house shook violently. Now this is not very common here in my little country. The magnitude of this earthquake was at 7.6 on the Richter scale. Padang was severely hit again the second day. As a geographer I cannot help but talk about plate tectonics. Will this become a major exam question for the sec 3s? I don't know. 


There was also a tsunami that killed over a hundred people in American Samoa. The earthquake occurred at the deep ocean floor. Look at the debri that were swept inland from the coast. Unimaginable!

So then, is Christ coming? Is it the end of the world? 


I know Christ is coming again, like he did the first time. But this time He will come to rule because the work of redemption is already completed. But the time He is to return, no one knows except God the Father.


In the mean time, I toil on. Looking out for the signs when I grow weary of serving Him, constantly reminding myself and those around me that JESUS is coming soon. May be in my life time, may be not. But He is coming.


When the world has no more excuse that we don't know Him, when we have no more excuses that no one tells us about Jesus, when the world grows weary and wary, when the world turns dark...but even then, we toil on.