Saturday, December 15, 2007

Home at last!

Calgary is always my other home. A place where I can really be myself and not worry about work. Pray that I will be able to rest well from all the stress over the past year. I realize that my legs are not carrying me as well as I want to and so I cannot walk very much. So take care of your legs.

May be I am bias but the Air Canada inflight service was excellent. They ask you to buy your meals. I bought mine. I have a choice of a roast beef, turkey or chicken sandwich with noodle soup or cookie or ice cream bar at $7. That was excellent but because I was so starved,I hurried had a turkey sandwich at Tim Hortons with a chocolate cinnamon donut. Now I better go take my medication. I forgot.

The flight into Calgary was also great. No choppy moves. When I landed, I got into a cab. The first time since I have been to Calgary and cost me $40 to get to Bonita's. As the taxi turned out of the airport, the snow covered fields welcomed me. Almost to tell me that their white fur were clean just to welcome my arrival. The cab drove down nineteen street and turned into John Laurie into MacKnight Boulevard and into Northmount drive. Leng and Shin Miin should remember Northmount drive because this was where Ruby our host family stayed before. Because varsity acres is along Northmount drive. Around this area is also the university, Brentwood Mall and where we all banked with Royal Bank or the Bank of Montreal. But the cab didn't go there. It went down 19th street.

19th street is a long street. Along it are some familiar places like Lion's Park, Sears, Lutheran church and then Westhillhurst Hall. I passed 5th Avenue and before long 2nd Avenue came into sight. Except for a few new buildings, nothing much really changed along this avenue and then Bonita's house appears behind a row of white fences. I went searching for the keys. I found them and opened the door. The smell of the soup that Bonita made invited my nose. It will be turkey tonight and we will go gobbling a gobble. I went to my room and sat on the new sofa that Bonita bought. She has since rearranged the dinning room and the living room. The Christmas tree is also shorter because the big tree sits at the basement. The afghan that Debbie and she made sits on top of the new sofa. I will probably nap there later. The bay windows bring in such a beautiful view. I could still see Mr Rusmassen's house standing across the road.

I turned on the TV and listened to the same noises that I would listen to while I worked on my masters thesis.

I cannot wait to go to the mountains because when the plane flew in this morning, the white mountains glistened in the sun.

Tonight I hope to sleep well so that I can start my shopping for real this time.