It has been quite a few days now since we got here. Praise the Lord. MAS service was excellent. We flew almost 25 hours and I did sleep a little. I managed to change seats with a boy and got two seats. I managed to curl up but my legs were aching. By the time we landed, I was awake. However when I checked out at the immigration, I was asked to go for an interview. It was because my passport was reported lost before and so I was sort of interrogated. They had to call national security to try and retrieve my passport because they wanted to check if some terrorists used it. I wanted very much to tell them that I doubted if the terrorists could find mine because it was not really lost. I had misplaced it in my home behind some cupboards but didn't really want to find it. Looks like I have to go find it when I get back.
When I finally checked out at the airport, my two extra belts for my bag were missing. I asked to see the airport staff to see if they took it. I was informed they would not write me a claim because they don't do belts. Well, that was nice to know...ahhaa.
The ground tour officer met us and we went onto the bus with ALL our luggages. Amen!
Then we stopped at MacDonalds for supper but the boys were just full from the food served on board. I was feeling sick because the food were just too cheezy (in all sense of the word). It snowed when we walked out of the diner.
We travelled all the way to Boston in six hours and arrived at Westin Copley. The room was just splendid. The bed incredible. But I didn't sleep at all. The boys had the beds the first night. We managed to squeeze everyone into two rooms so we can save some money. Laura and I took naps on the couches. When morning came, four other students got up with Laura and I and we went receeing for food. When we walked out...the winds were blowing and it was super cold. My pants couldn't keep my legs warm and I felt pain.
We brave the winds to the Stuart Street Grill for our American Breakfast. It was good. Then we went checking out other places while the other 8 slept.
We got them all up and going at about 11. But we decided to walk to Chinatown. It was cold. If I felt cold, they must be freezing. Well, they didn't freeze apparently. They wanted to brave the weather. So we had pho in Chinatown, our first encounter with Vietnamese noodle soup. Then we walked to Quincy Market.
I am not much of a shopper. I shop specifically so when nothing interested me, I settle down and the cold was getting to me. My legs hurt so bad that I couldn't walk very far. I just couldn't.
Eventually, I have to ask Laura if I could sit down and rest. I slept on a table and then I was out. I didn't know if I fainted. But I was zonked.
When I woke up in the mall, the boys were back from the waterfront. Then I told them, I could not walk anymore. I had to stop. I need to take the tube to the hotel. Good thing the boys agreed. I also didn't want them to be out in the cold on the first day too long.
When I headed back to the hotel, we had dinner and I hit the bed. And slept till 6am the next day. A whole 12 hours. The next day we went to Harvard and my legs hurt again. I had to go back too...
We had dinner at PF Chang. It was great. We laughed so hard. I also found a way my students can eat cheap with lots of rice. US$9 for a main dish and the rice keeps coming once you are done.
Today the harvard UN model conference begins. The boys are smartly dressed for the occasion to lobby for their country. We are given Vietnam.
I am signing out now...because one of my boys...don't know how to iron his suit.
I think I will burn a hole for him...ahahahah.