Another m
arketing day with mum. She was all drained and tired by the time we reached home. She quickly got changed and took the chemo drug and lied there and slept for an hour or so. I checked on her to make sure she was alright. I went about my chores and tried to clean my dressing table and it was an impossible job. I decided then to cook lunch. I got to notice mum was a little pale and so I gave her some viatmins and ginseng. Immediately the colour returned and she was able to stomach more energy to come to the table. These days, she is extremely tired. Please pray with us that we know how to give her her strength back.
Then I went to my favourite place to break away from all the stress. Winnie the Pooh has his happy place and I have mine. You might find it strange but Orchard is not exactly a happy place. It is a place where you go because you are unhappy and want to look for things to make you happy. The happiest place is the...AIRPORT!
I always feel relaxed when I am there. I packed my knapsack as if going on a journey. But I packed it with test papers to mark. I found it almost impossible to understand how some people can study amidst the noise and be oblivious of how the rest of the world just moves on. I am sure you have seen how students just piled on the tables available at MacDonald's and study away with their MP3 in their ears. I asked some students before why they did this. They told me they need to stay away and if they are at crowded place, they would stay awake. How different? I need to be quiet. I made a few interesting decisions. Do I want to sit at Burger King? Hmmm. If I did it, then everyone would know where I am from and what I do. The whole Singapore will know. Do I want that?
My feet carried me quickly to the Sky Train. I entered and started thinking where I should go. I told myself it must be quiet, sophisticated and definitely not obvious to the Singaporeans. I walked along to check out the coffee place round the corner and found it to be too open. And walked on and found another eatery and eventually I was on the other side of the building. Shan't tell you because you might want to go there!
I found a spot, bought my coffee as if to pay my dues to sit and brood over the spot for many hours to come. I got myself a cheese muffin and got on to work. I checked to see that only foreigners were there. And they were not in the least bothered. I marked and then not too happy with the answers but I marked really fast and before long, about an hour later, I finished ONE question...yeah! This is an experience I think I should not indulge myself in too much because I may just lose a script.
Then I packed up and go. Moved around the airport. It is just so peaceful at the airport. People coming with bags, well wishers for the journey and lots of good memories, passengers waiting to catch their next flight home so to see their loved ones, and so many more such warm thoughts. Then there were students, who found it dificult to study at home. I did my economic geography there and checked out if the shops there could profit from such a highly mobile crowd. The answer was obvious. The shops are doing well. I listened to some of the shoppers and watched what they bought. One man was wondering if his wife would love what the salesperson was selling. How thoughtful! And I think I should suggest my boys do some research here too. Hmmm...exciting!
Before long, I moved on to the food court at terminal one. It was crowded with local cusines. It was also newly renovated and more stalls were found. Cheap, cheap, cheap. Sound like a bird! Ate my dinner, a simple, diet friendly one and headed for Tampines to collect my glasses.
Within half an hour, I went home. Waiting for me were my three lovely nieces and nephew all watching cartoons. Later, we played monster together. I was the monster and they all hid in the blanket. After the game, Theodora came and kissed me. She said she had fun! Such simple pleasures.
The day ended with asking Cheng Leng to help me with my blogger. Singtel did something strange and I had a strange display of editing icons shifting all to the left. He taught me how to get it adjusted. I had to get into my url while in ediitng mode to do it. With the url on the top menu bar, I simply add a 2 after www and Cheng Leng wrote to "Blast" Singtel. So now my headers are all in proper order.
It was surely good to go to the airport and I had my little escape from the reality of life for the day.
God is good and I am reminded of His goodness everywhere I went. I saw how He has provided for me and my family. Even when I am alone, I found peace and happyness. He gave me my family to enjoy and I thank God for my nieces and nephews. I got a chance to teach Timothy some geography too.
May the Lord Bless All of You and Your Mothers on this special Mother's Day. We know we have mum with us because of God's graciousness and mercy. School starts tomorrow and what I will give out doesn't look good for my boys at all. Sorry!
arketing day with mum. She was all drained and tired by the time we reached home. She quickly got changed and took the chemo drug and lied there and slept for an hour or so. I checked on her to make sure she was alright. I went about my chores and tried to clean my dressing table and it was an impossible job. I decided then to cook lunch. I got to notice mum was a little pale and so I gave her some viatmins and ginseng. Immediately the colour returned and she was able to stomach more energy to come to the table. These days, she is extremely tired. Please pray with us that we know how to give her her strength back.Then I went to my favourite place to break away from all the stress. Winnie the Pooh has his happy place and I have mine. You might find it strange but Orchard is not exactly a happy place. It is a place where you go because you are unhappy and want to look for things to make you happy. The happiest place is the...AIRPORT!
I always feel relaxed when I am there. I packed my knapsack as if going on a journey. But I packed it with test papers to mark. I found it almost impossible to understand how some people can study amidst the noise and be oblivious of how the rest of the world just moves on. I am sure you have seen how students just piled on the tables available at MacDonald's and study away with their MP3 in their ears. I asked some students before why they did this. They told me they need to stay away and if they are at crowded place, they would stay awake. How different? I need to be quiet. I made a few interesting decisions. Do I want to sit at Burger King? Hmmm. If I did it, then everyone would know where I am from and what I do. The whole Singapore will know. Do I want that?
My feet carried me quickly to the Sky Train. I entered and started thinking where I should go. I told myself it must be quiet, sophisticated and definitely not obvious to the Singaporeans. I walked along to check out the coffee place round the corner and found it to be too open. And walked on and found another eatery and eventually I was on the other side of the building. Shan't tell you because you might want to go there!
I found a spot, bought my coffee as if to pay my dues to sit and brood over the spot for many hours to come. I got myself a cheese muffin and got on to work. I checked to see that only foreigners were there. And they were not in the least bothered. I marked and then not too happy with the answers but I marked really fast and before long, about an hour later, I finished ONE question...yeah! This is an experience I think I should not indulge myself in too much because I may just lose a script.
Then I packed up and go. Moved around the airport. It is just so peaceful at the airport. People coming with bags, well wishers for the journey and lots of good memories, passengers waiting to catch their next flight home so to see their loved ones, and so many more such warm thoughts. Then there were students, who found it dificult to study at home. I did my economic geography there and checked out if the shops there could profit from such a highly mobile crowd. The answer was obvious. The shops are doing well. I listened to some of the shoppers and watched what they bought. One man was wondering if his wife would love what the salesperson was selling. How thoughtful! And I think I should suggest my boys do some research here too. Hmmm...exciting!
Before long, I moved on to the food court at terminal one. It was crowded with local cusines. It was also newly renovated and more stalls were found. Cheap, cheap, cheap. Sound like a bird! Ate my dinner, a simple, diet friendly one and headed for Tampines to collect my glasses.
Within half an hour, I went home. Waiting for me were my three lovely nieces and nephew all watching cartoons. Later, we played monster together. I was the monster and they all hid in the blanket. After the game, Theodora came and kissed me. She said she had fun! Such simple pleasures.
The day ended with asking Cheng Leng to help me with my blogger. Singtel did something strange and I had a strange display of editing icons shifting all to the left. He taught me how to get it adjusted. I had to get into my url while in ediitng mode to do it. With the url on the top menu bar, I simply add a 2 after www and Cheng Leng wrote to "Blast" Singtel. So now my headers are all in proper order.
It was surely good to go to the airport and I had my little escape from the reality of life for the day.
God is good and I am reminded of His goodness everywhere I went. I saw how He has provided for me and my family. Even when I am alone, I found peace and happyness. He gave me my family to enjoy and I thank God for my nieces and nephews. I got a chance to teach Timothy some geography too.
May the Lord Bless All of You and Your Mothers on this special Mother's Day. We know we have mum with us because of God's graciousness and mercy. School starts tomorrow and what I will give out doesn't look good for my boys at all. Sorry!