I was out the whole day visiting a church, watched a movie and had dinner with some friends. I really had a good day and one thing I tried to do the whole day was to think good thoughts.
The pastor of the church I visited spoke on how to keep anxious thoughts out at the door. He shared on Philippians 4: 6-9. To keep these anxious thoughts at bay we must pray, give thanks to God's continued guidance and have faith He will see us through and to let God know when these thoughts distresses us. I am also reminded to dwell on whatsoever thoughts that are pure, lovely, good and worthy. I am sure when Bonita reads this blog, she will be rejoicing that her prayers are beginning to be answered. We have a choice what we allow in our heads and eventually our hearts. What is in our heads will get to our hearts in no time and we will act on what is in our heads. So guard what we think. I came so close so many times on acting on some of the thoughts that are not so worthy. I must watch how I think. The pastor challenged his congregation to do the assignment of thinking worthy, pure and lovely thoughts this week. I am gonna try.
Today is May Day. We went out for lunch. The family is together, all 14 of us. Mum ate too much and came home with a tummy ache. We took lots of pictures. When mum was picking her clothes for the occasion, also in celebration for mother's day, she told me which piece she wants to wear should anything happen to her. I discussed with her and suggested another piece. There are many times when she is so positive. She will talk about what to wear for the wedding anniversary next year and where she would like to go for the hols when she gets better and there is future. But there are days when she talks about the last lap. When she speaks of such a time, I listened, I didn't react and I just responded accordingly.
I have come to take this as a matter of factly. But I am sad. Sad because there is really no such a thing as immortality here. There is only eternity and that is what I must look forward to. I know my mum is brave and she has made a conscious choice to show us that even in the face of death, there is so much hope. Sometimes I think I don't deserve a mum like her. So daring and so positive.
Today is a great day for all of us. We got the six kids in the family photo and now Theodora can say she is in the picture. It will be blown up and put in the front room so that we can all see the 14 of us.
The children all returned to my house and they had a ball. Always so close to each other and having so much fun. I am so glad that these 6 kids have each other and always refuse to part when the time comes for them to go home and study and prepare for the next school day. I am very thankful that my siblings brought them up so well, treasuring family values. They learned today to serve Mum first when the food came and not charge at the food. We also learned that the kids are growing and orders must be in bigger portions. They eat everything and we eat little. We suggested that they should sit at another table by themselves and they rejoiced until Richard told them they must foot their own bills too. We also suggested that they should eat just ONE plate of hor fun and there were some strong objections. So we had fun and thank you Lord for today.
How was your May Day?