Friday, September 15, 2006

Friday, 15/9
The week flew by so quickly and now it is Friday night. Mum stayed home throughout the week. She was able to clean up the cluttered kitchen counter top. Her cell group visited her. She told them she will fight the sickness because she knows God will heal her. The cell group members who came were blessed by her strong faith in God. She often spoke about how many people will pray for her.

She ate well, drank the water I specially prepare for her. Now I drop 20 drops of oxygen in 1 litre of energy water and a flask of warm water before I leave for work. I will also arrange the pills for her to take. A visit to the Chinese doctor helped her a lot. She doesn't feel so gassy in her stomach and she was able to rest a little. I notice that most of the liver cancer patients were often asked if they slept well. I guess sleeping well will enhance the health of the liver. I cannot give her any Pharmanex products I bought.

A student at NIE shared about another product with me today. I got dad and mum to watch it with me. We are very convinced by what we saw. One thing was for sure, don't take bird's nest and don't take ginseng except for American ginseng. It is also not good to take too much meat and too much polished foods. Mum and dad are finally convinced tonight. Starting tomorrow we are all going to take brown rice and more veggies.

Do you know that cancer patients must have appetite. To fuel the stomach, take ginger tea. Crush the ginger and bring it to a boil with water. Sip the tea throughout the day to fuel the stomach to create appetite. They must eat and eat well. If possible, cancer patients should eat more raw veggies with ginger. Is there any proof? Why are we are making this shift?

Well, the disk was in cantonese and shared by a professor who did 18 or more years of research on cancer. Of course he advertised on the product but I have done some research on molecular reform therapy and it is something we must try. The results from the research actually show that cancer cells are totally killed. This is interesting. Another nugget of advice is to take yoghurt. You live longer when your colon is cleaner.


Professor Alfonso Wong, a canadian oncology professor mentioned that it was important that cancer patients empty their bowels everyday. He mentioned that there are about 40 to 50 therapies out there using diverse methods that can help prolong life but none can actually kill cancer cells. He is also a scientist and he studies all kinds of cancer, more than 200 kinds. He tried lingzhi on the cancer cells, but there was no effect at all. He worked closely with cancer patients too. For the first time, we heard from a doctor who is an active researcher and scientist. He also shared about chemotherapy and radiation therapy. And I was right about one thing, chemotherapy is not the best way to treat cancer be it through intravenous or through pill. Mum, dad and I are convinced chemotherapy is not the way to go. After watching the VCD, mum immediately asked for brown rice, dad started cooking the ginger water. We have a clearer direction to take.

Tomorrow I hope to go into Johore Bahru to buy this molecular medicine to try with mum. Because I need to know if it works for her and me too. It is not cheap but I must try it for mum.

Since the journey began, I learned so much about cancer. So many people have come forward with hope and I praised God for the guidance. Each time they come, I try and each time, better stuff comes along and more education. There is one thing that never changes throughout these past months, the mercy of God endureth.

I am very stressed up. Very hard pressed to make decisions. I am also having a terrible headache and my head is a little light. May be it is the flu. May be it is just the past months, the anxiety. But this week is better than the past months. I can at least laugh a little, eat a little better and definitely surprised how the week flew by.


Mum continues to find it hard to sleep well. Dad is having a small lump under his right ear. He said it is heatiness. I hope so. I am always alone in the house with the two of them. I realized there are three very old and sick people in my house now. Dad has diabetes, blocked capillaries and high blood pressure. I have all two minus the capillaries and mum with liver cancer. If not for all your prayers, I think I will collapse.

Whatever hope tomorrow brings, I will get up and grab it for mum's sake. However tired I am, the day must go on. The Fight is ON! And I know there are many people who will be cheering all of us in the Cheong family. Continue to remember us.

No comments: