
1st September, Friday
Last night, I was so touched by one of the gestures of my students. He went online and surfed the net to find out more about cancer and what kind of stuff to take to help my mum. He gave me the website and we had an online chat. This is a very special student who I had not chatted with for more than 9 months. Knowing he cared, I am deeply moved by people caring for my mum and my family. Thank you.
I have a morning class to teach today. I got up very early to get ready. The night before I put ginseng black chicken soup to boil on the crock pot at around 1145pm. The soup smelled so good this morning. Mum was up a little later. I gave her some enzymes to take and then gave her ginseng. I scooped a small bowl of soup for her to drink while she was still on empty stomach. Then she told me that she would prefer to stay at home this morning. I was stumped. She wanted to give Rebecca a break because she worked too hard throughout the week. I persuaded her to go because I really did not want her to be alone in the house while we were out looking fpr the bread and butter. But she told me she would not cheat and would take the health supplements. She even arranged in chronological order so that she remembers. Upon her insistence, I left for work. I wanted to give her the autonomy she so enjoyed before she became ill. At breakfast, I called Rebecca to visit her in the afternoon.
When I arrived home this evening, dad was cooking the dinner. Mum lied on the coach as usual to watch the TV. The children were all dressed ready to go watch the Monster Show. Rebecca reported what mum did. Mum actually did housework, cleaned the cabinet and had time to practise her songs she used to sing at karaoke. We want to praise the Lord for this good day. She has gained from strength to strength. She has the faith that God will work a mighty work through her. She is the reason why I carry on to fight. Many people tell me to be strong but they never tell me how to be strong. Many tell me to be strong for my mum. I think my mum remains strong because of me. Many say I have done alot but it is with my siblings that all these good things are happening. It is with Jesus that we are even hopeful each day.
I have to sing this great hymn: Great is Thy faithfulness Oh Lord my Father. There is no shadow of turning with thee. Thou changest not, thy compassion they fail not. As thou has been, thou forever wilt be. Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness! Morning by morning new mercies I see. All I have needed Thy hand hath provided. Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me.
The faithfulness of God remains because He is God. "You know with all your heart and soul that not one of all the good promises the LORD your God gave you has failed. Every promise has been fulfilled; not one has failed." What has God promised us? When my heart grows cold, I look for the sun. The day when I prayed and asked for a sign.
I don't know for sure what will happen tomorrow. I know this, God's faithfulness abides because mum believes Jesus loves her and will see her through. Mum has the courage to face anything because God is with her. Dad can face many things now because God is with him. This evening he talked about having a laugh that comes from the heart. He said he had laughed from his heart twice. Why he told me that, I really don't know.
Continue to pray for my family. God is faithful because you are faithful in praying for us all.
2 comments:
Hi Miss Cheong,
Praise God for what your family has received thus far. But know that God does not give in centimetres, inches, or even metres. He gives in bounds and bounds, and we cannot begin to comprehend His generosity or His grace.
Continue to trust Him! For He SHALL heal your mother, the child of our almighty God, who is bathed in the blood of our Lord Jesus Christ who died on the cross to cleanse us of all sin and of all bondage; bondage as illness, sickness, ailments of the body and mind. The tumours have no power over your mother, for she has been set free from them. Our God is a faithful God. Hallelujah.
And she has been healed. Amen.
-YeowCh
Psalm 91:3 "Surely He shall deliver you... and from the perilous pestilence"
Dear Yeow Chin
Thank you for the prayer. I much needed wisdom and strength from our God. May you also trust Him for your studies.
Esther
Post a Comment