Saturday, September 09, 2006


9th September, Saturday Morning
Mum has caught a flu bug. She has been having fever. With antibiotics, the fever come down and then up again. Don't know what else to do but pray. I refrained from SMSing my friends because I don't want them to feel my anxiety. Instead I turned to my family for support and prayers. I trust that the Lord will take care of mum because she is His child too. I cannot take over God's job because He knows best. Her spirit is positive and high as usual. Just as the fever comes down, she will sing her karaoke songs to revise. We want to bring her to church tomorrow and so we have to pray very hard tonight that the fever will not ever come up again.

We are taking mum to a chinese physician this afternoon. Wondering if all the supplements I put her on has weakened her immune system. I need to check with a doctor. Doctors at the National Cancer Centre told me to put her on antioxidants, vitamins etc to protect her immune system. Then there is advice not to stress the liver. I really need wisdom so I decided to head towards the chinese doctor to see if I am feeding her right.


Uncle Lawrence is so kind. He has spoken to the friend in China to work on my mother's case. He just came home to settle some business and now he is on his way back to Thailand. But he cares so much to take time off to look into mum's case.

I cannot complain because the support and help I get is just overwhelming. I am stupefied by the greatness of God and His leading. To all those of you who support me one way or another, even if I have no time to meet you yet, I carry a grateful heart before God everyday counting you as my blessing everyday.

Yesterday I went back to Hwa Chong Institution. I needed to pay many debts. Never felt so broke for a long time and the feeling is good. I learn to respect money. I could not call out, I could not have cable TV and I laughed because really these things became so unimportant when other things before me are more urgent. As I walked in to the school, some students recognised me and started to tuck in their uniforms sheepishly. I wanted to laugh but I have to keep a straight face.

Today, I want to let you know this: God is a supplier of all our needs. In His time He makes all things beautiful. And beauty is interpreted differently by different people. What is not beautiful to you, is beautiful to me. And right now, the situation is ugly but God makes everything around it beautiful. I bow before Him and acknowledge He indeed is God.

Have a great day!

No comments: