Yesterday was my last day with the convent I have been working with. Hooray!!
My students were saddened when I told them the news three days ago. One came up to me to ask me for tuition and continue to compliment my teaching. She was the highlight of my day because I really had a lousy week. Natalie asked me to continue teaching. She told me there was not a dull moment in my class and the only lesson she looks forward to everyday.
I taught to the very last period of the day and forgot the time. The girls had to stop me because I was way over 15 minutes. When I apologized, they told me it was okay because they didn't mind listening to what I was teaching. I am very grateful for such moments.
You know how when you teach there are those moments when you allow your true self to slip out? Today was that moment when I spoke and I preached. My understudy who shadowed me is a Muslim lady. She is very much bullied in the school. But each time she is in my class she smiled. She is going to miss me because I have been taking over 9 of her periods and she will be getting them all back...ahhaha. I told her to write to me. I want to help her.
I also sent off my brightest student at the international school I taught last year last night. She will be leaving for Vancouver on the 29th. I told her I will visit. Jiaqing is very dear to a lot of her friends. She didn't waste the one year. She met many friends here. Some hopes to join her in Canada some day soon. We will remain in touch. Now I have a reason to visit Vancouver. Normally Vancouver is the stop I transit before going to Calgary. And I don't stay more than 2 hours there for my domestic transfer. I am so happy she can go see the country I love. I told her what to do and where to eat and what to see and smell. She is all excited. I am too.
After the stint with the convent, now what? Someone asked me if I ever pray for my moves. I pray everyday. Don't ever doubt that whatever I am doing is my own free will and choice. I do have a father to feed. He is getting anxious and to put him through this agony is not my first choice. But I have to obey and just leave my comfort zone.
I met two friends for lunch yesterday. It was a good meeting and the meeting revolve suddenly on the topic of what we saw in common. We hope it is God talking. And we hope we are hearing it right. God's voice was in my head about something and the burden is strong. I am also noticing that certain people are drawn towards me not by chance but by deliberate divine intervention.
My friend who has also walked out of the school we taught together noticed that God gave exactly what she has asked for. The other young man we met is also experiencing God's working in his life. They both advised me to stop. Stop, sit and wait.
Waiting. I have always been waiting for people. I can sit in my car and wait an hour or more for a person. And sometimes no apology for the long wait. But that was because there were reasons for the wait. So I am very patient.
Waiting for God seems tough. A person you can see coming towards you. But God comes in different persons who speak and I cannot identify. And I may just miss the message He wants to send. God is always good. He would send the message out again until I get it.
It was also awakening that I read this book on Be All You Can Be. At my age, I am still not all I can be. Hahaha.
My uncle asked me why did I walk out of a high paying job. I told him I am not happy doing what I am doing. Something is missing. I found a better answer now. I am not who I am to be even at my age. To be who God wants me to be, I have to GIVE UP. I gave up this pay which I sometimes miss for a future that is rather uncertain. I am not living in a limbo. I am living with God holding my hand. I don't always feel His working but when I do, I am always thankful. The reason for not feeling His working is because I was just not STILL.
So next week, before I start running into some work I do have at hand, I want to be STILL and continue to GIVE UP somethings in my life that will hold me down. Pray with me as I listen to His voice. There is a direction that is clear but I shan't talk too much here. If you care about my future, pray with me. Pray that God will send the right person to talk to me about the burden He so placed in all the hearts that met yesterday.