I have always wanted to bob my hair. Ever since the world saw it on the late Princess Diana head, I wanted that hair cut. Due to religious reasons and not looking masculine at all, I resisted. Then came the period when I decided keeping my hair long was economical since I probably cannot afford any haircut while studying in Calgary. I kept my hair really long and it hanged way below my shoulders. I only managed to trim the fringe of my hair. It was thick then, now my hair is superfine.
Today I just decided to do something different. When the new hair dresser decided to give me a bob hair cut, I checked for a few things. Can my hair grow long again? Will I look like a man? She assured me I will look even more feminine. Okay, I allowed her to cut my hair.
When I walked through her door this afternoon, I looked terrible. My hair, although already lifeless was deader than ever. But when I left the shop, I like what was done. I liked it so much I even went to buy some clothes to match my new look. But...I stopped because that really cost money.
A new year gives me more courage to try new things. First and foremost it is to totally trust God to provide. I wanted a fridge. My budget is tight and so upon second thoughts I have to wait. We can always drive around town to eat and that can save the cost of a fridge. I didn't tell anyone I wanted a fridge until on New Year's Day I happened to be going out to recee a place with a friend when I said I had to work hard to buy a door to the fridge by giving tuition. I did get enough to buy an entire brand new fridge but my friend was going to give me a small second hand fridge. That would suffice for now.
We drove to the house last sunday. Joshua, Melvin, Yifong and Shaun. And I was told I had to pay tax for the second hand fridge and she was also eyeing on my mahjong set. The customs officer told me I need to apply to get a mahjong set in. I was not only shocked, I was thinking this is so bizzare! I paid 20 ringgit to get my second hand fridge across. This is the second time I was taxed the last week. Once was for a new stove top. If not for the curtain rods, they probably won't know I had other stuff. But they were kind not to tax me for my bottle of red wine.
We cooked dinner for the first time in the house. There was no kitchen cabinets and I forgot the chopping board and whatever I cooked, including a worm in Joshua's soup bowl, didn't kill us. I told him jokingly that the worm was a special herbal concoction. Hahaha. He believed me. So what can we say about doctors with Western Medicine? You can feed them anything chinese looking and crawling and they won't know if I didn't wash the veggies well. Don't worry, I am a good cook. Just sometimes not so safe! Great cooks always experiment with new things!
Ah...we didn't get back until 2am on the 3rd. Poor Joshua got to work that very morning and he still looked so fresh when I picked him up. Amazing! I was too tired. And I couldn't believe I survived the day when I had to drive myself home from Chua Chu Kang! There were moments when I wanted to close my eyes to sleep a while since the road was so clear! That is fatigue! But I didn't.