Friday, January 28, 2011

Self Righteousness

I was told tonight that I am self righteous. That I judged people without removing the biases from within my eyes. That I only have one set standards to follow and I am always right. It must be terrible to be around me since I am so self righteous. There must be alot of fear. That should not be the case if we both share the same beliefs.


Mind you, all these was always said in good faith such that I soften my stand on certain views I uphold as a Christian. I stand by my faith. I will not alter nor falter from how I view the Christian values I uphold. I do apologise though I was too troublesome to be with.



What is righteousness? What is right? Who defines what is RIGHT? I don't define what is right because of all people, I am always wrong. I recognize what is right by a conviction within my heart laid upon by the Holy Spirit of God. 


Today people define what is RIGHT because it feels GOOD. Right means not interfering with my business while you do your business. Right is sympathy for the minority. Right is defined by us on our terms. So is this RIGHT? Who says YOU are RIGHT?

Where is GOD in what is defined RIGHT by us? That is the question. We think it is RIGHT and doing the RIGHT THING. But where is GOD? Who is the GOD? You and I? Hahaha.



I know this. When there is no GOD, there is no peace. There is only FEAR, ANGER, HURT and more SIN. 


I sound very righteous, don't I. I think it is important to put GOD in our lives or we will end up with many sorrows. 

Who then is the self righteous? Those that define what is right in their own eyes and rationalize away GOD's standards are self righteous. We do that all the time when we want to be happier and not think of some rather difficult issues with our lives. The self righteous will only see that ONE reason to do the RIGHT thing without GOD's standards. GOD's standards are clear. He gives the standard and then lay straight the consequences.

If He says we should not do this or we will get that, it is not to punish us. It is to save us from many troubles. I have been there, done that.


Tonight I listened as I was told how self righteous and how I was unwilling to know. I do know. I just don't talk about what I know. How do I know...God speaks and my spirit is troubled. When this happens, I prayed against what is bothering. And GOD heard me. It may scare you sometimes but I can sense when someone is troubled. I don't like to sense such things. I wish I can sense happier things for people. But I don't. As a result, I suffer many sleepless nights as I toss and turn and bargain with GOD.



It is time to call on God to continue to chisel away the dross in my life. 

I thank the Almighty God that He alone is a judge of my character. He knows where I am coming from. I am glad I am self righteous. Because He has taught me to know what is RIGHT and what is WRONG. If people judged me, I sure hope they also know that they are judging GOD's standards and questioning Him too about why HE does it this way.


To ease this uneasy feeling of being judged, we can do one or two things. Harden our hearts and tell GOD to keep quiet and stop bugging. OR, kneel before Him and ask Him for forgiveness. 



I am not hurt because someone says I am self righteous. I am grateful that my values are judged. I don't even mind if this person doesn't want to talk to a self righteous me. I am fully happy because I stand by God's standards.


There are many wrong things I do. Many immoral things too. But I am thankful I can come before God to tell Him what I did and didn't do. I am not a saint. I sin. But I come to God for forgiveness. And then rework my steps back to Him. Many times I fail. I don't give in to God easily. But He is so patient. I learn, relearn and relearn the many lessons He has been teaching me. Tonight I learn something about myself and am amazed at how gentle God is. I am thankful something happened tonight. It is timely. The dirt must be clear in order for me to grow closer to Him.


To many who know me well...You know I tell what I believe in. If you don't like what you hear from me, don't keep me as a friend. I am going to be who God wants me to be...all RAW. not ALL RIGHT.