Today after school, my colleague I have not met for sometime emerged from the class and chatted with me. Then she told me something about what another person said about me. I was really angry at the information but I calmed down quickly. I even wanted to buy a cake to celebrate the lies that this other person told of me. I didn't buy the cake but I had a good laugh.
The story goes that I was overly possessive of my students to the extent that I was jealous of how this other person was befriending my students. I couldn't believe that I was seen as such a child who demanded all attention on me. I had to laugh, don't I.
It is not the first time I had to deal with this kind of situation. I decided not to take up the battle and I left it to the Lord. God can do a better job with this person and I pray He does it thoroughly.
I believe the issue stamps from being GREAT.
I have a problem with GREATNESS. I have been trying so hard not to be GREAT. It was not long ago that I emerged from hiding and decided to do something about what I could do. I think GREATNESS is hard to manage. Look at Michael Phelps. He lost his focus and his dreams when the blinding GREATNESS cast him some stones. He fell. He got up. But he is no longer GREAT.
Thou GREATNESS ought to be feared. For without proper wielding of your powers, one can certainly fall and then gone forever. But what is truly GREATNESS? Why doth GREATNESS make one fall and never to rise.
I think it is because to be GREAT, one must learn to fall before others and serve. To be called GREAT, one has to stoop low in order to be tall.
GREATNESS doth not walk with those who claim it without first humbling themselves. Instead, those who claim to have GREATNESS without humbling occurs when GREATNESS pays him a lip service. GREATNESS will touch and then GREATNESS will go.
GREATNESS doth not mingle with the insecure. To embrace GREATNESS, one has to know what is one's worth and be contented with what is given and then work towards GREATNESS. If one is not sure who one is and does not have what is worth, then GREATNESS will slowly evade from oneself. Insecurity kills the GREATNESS within a person. Insecurity robs the joy that a sense of selfworth. Instead it reveals how ugly insecure people without them knowing it.
To be great, you have to be humble. To be great, you need to do small things. There is no short cut to greatness. Only small steps to becoming great.
I have watched how my great friends walk with me. They taught me that humility is the essence of what makes one great. Just walking beside them and learning from them alone makes me happy.
May be too chim. May be too regurgitating. But I am really sad that people feel great by stomping others out. Without others, we cannot even look small.