Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It is amazing how God answers prayers!

My dad and Melvin have both joined me to go check out the house I want to buy. I did my ground work of asking around and different people gave me different opinions why I should or should not buy the house. But I am most grateful to the opinions from four very good man. One of them is my friend Victor who I got to know when we worked on a camping trip for my sec 2 boys. Another was my dad and finally my two godsons.

I have only asked one woman to date and the answer was a definite yes. Of the 4 males I asked, only 1 was not too happy with my choice. But I had that gut feeling again.

I have asked specifically for a house a few months ago. I remember thinking about how much I had to pay for a condominium in Singapore and that really scares me. Many times this thought depresses me because the prospect was unending having to pay for the condo. I have never liked buying a second hand flat. Never ever and more so with the loan sharks pouring blood or red paint on your door without you knowing what happened. So I was pretty stucked with no going anywhere but here in my dad's own home.

So this week, I was busy trying to tell myself not to buy and finding a reason not to buy. But tonight the news says it all. I am going to buy the house...

It is the largest thing I have ever bought with my own hard earned money. Buying the house would mean I have to give up my freedom to travel far and for long periods of time. It would mean I have to be grounded and many plans have to change. But does that mean I cannot quit because I need the money to service the house.

The project is in West Malaysia just 5 minutes from the Tuas Customs. It will have Johore Bahru's largest financial centre with the administrative centre already functioning in April this year. It will have Legoland, 4 marinas with about 100 yatching berths each, and 2 hotels and a huge mall. Besides these, there will be Parkway Hospital run by Singapore and an educity that houses 10 universities and their special programmes. Most of these universities are from UK.

Just thinking about this gives me the uumph to get up each morning.

If you want an invitation to the house, please drop me a note.
Ciao