Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Finally I am HOME and working!

I had a great time overseas. And 10 days sent me longing for even more. Although I know that these 10 days will make me sadder than when I left, I am glad I had them. Leaving my friends I visited behind was the toughest this time. Tougher than when I first left them.

I wish so badly I don't have to come back but the only way to go back for more is to work for it.

Wherever I went those 10 days shocked my senses and excited my spirits when I walked through the places.


In Lanzhou, Ma Miao family received me so warmly. They showered me not only with their love but also fed me to the brink. Unfortunately I was unable to take much food because I was just feeling queasy before I arrived Lanzhou. My stomach only settled when I went to another place.

Her parents were surprised I ate very little and wondered if it was their poor cooking. You will soon see that they cooked superbly well. It was just my stomach. But the family members I met were just great people. I shall miss them.

First day at work was slow and good. Slow enough for me to adjust since I only managed two hours sleep. I met my students who were happy to see me and started working right away on keeping check on the cleanliness of the classrooms.

I left school early after 1430 and went straight home to sleep and didn't get up until 1900. Now I am waiting for dinner to be served. My dad has been busy while I slept away the hours. And the dinner looks good.