24th October, 2006
Since my blog started, many of my ex students have either left messages or read my blog regularly and then went online on MSN to encourage me or sms me. I am very grateful for all these wonderful students. One of the many things I look forward to working at HCI are the boys. I am very blessed with so many to call my own students.
The doctor gave me three days MC because I not only pulled a muscle, but also a nerve. I don't limp as much but at certain angle the pain is excruciating. I called mum everyday, twice a day to check up on things. Richard is doing his best for both mum and dad. His friends boiled some soups for her today and she finished them all. Last night she went to meet Dr Xia with dad. The doctor told my mum that her illness is treatable. It was a relief. She did her PET scan yesterday and did positioning right away when the report was out. They are putting her case as top priority because they had to work fast. He is very confident my mother can survive the treatment. What amazes Dr Xia was the fact that she climbed up to the third storey to meet him without even feeling breathless. As long as mum does not have fever, her spirits are up. Today something happened and she told us it is the work of the devil to discourage her and cause her to lose faith in God. She said the devil either uses the fever or the children to cause her to lose sight of God.
I praise God that my mother's eyes are fixed on Jesus. And she now knows who she is up against and constantly reminds us who she is fighting with. Mind you, all these from the little bible study she has. Faith is truly about believing what God can do, not what I can do or you can do. Faith will heal her. So please continue to pray for her. Many times I tell God that I am willing to take her place and give her my remaining years. She deserves every bit of life and I know God will give her this much.
I have decided to fly to Beijing next Friday night. I want to bring mum and dad home. Richard will be flying home on Thursday and dad will have to work with dad alone for a week until I arrive. Please pray that dad will be able to handle everything. I hate to leave him there alone but I really have no time and I must finish the course that started.
My trainee teachers are also very supportive of me. They will also cheer me up. Some will send me songs to encourage me and tell me they are praying for my mum. I am very thankful to all of you.
I wish all of you a happy working day tomorrow. I will put my legs up and rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment