Thursday, June 29, 2006

Thursday 29/6
Last night mum had fever because of the problem with the constipation. It went up to 38.8. I sponged her at midnight and the fever went down after two panadols. We had a chat about how my brother and sister got to sponge their children when they had fever and now it was her turn. She talked about how worried the mother was whenever her child fell ill. Then we drifted off to sleep. I woke up at 4am again to give her two more before I settle down to rest.

Morning was bright and sunny and she was ready to be on the go. I gave her the stuff and called the Dr Ong for advice on how to feed her better. She told me the pain in the anal wall has subsided considerably and she just wanted liquids. I fed her almond soymilk and then an organic apple (really juicy and there was a tiny worm inside). Then we watched some tv while we waited for Richard and Dad to come home. Today she had blackbeans and carrots soup for lunch. Dad came home after medical check and burst into tears when he saw how thin mum has become. It was good for him to cry because he was frustrated with not being able to do anything for my mother. The help from China took so long and being an impatient man, he wanted things to be faster, at his call. I learned today that my father loves my mother very very deeply. Although they fought alot about finances when I was young and some fights were more bitter than others, they both love each other deeply. For the first time, I saw my dad crying infront of my mum. My mother was composed although her eyes were all red and I just had to tell my dad that we had to wait. Inside me, I was just as frustrated but I could not cry out loud. My dad said that even if he had to sell the flat he wanted my mother to have many more years. While he drove me to the nearest organic shop, he related how he would often cry as he drove around the island in his cab. He asked God why it was not him because he just couldn't bear to see my mum suffer so much. He is such a dear dear father. Who says there is no real love for our parents!
Afternoon was quiet with Rebecca coming to keep mum company while I slept. Then Rebecca came in to tell me that she just believe we will leave by Sunday. I turned and looked at her and told her we will know the answer by this afternoon. Don't ask me how I knew it. I just pray the answer will come today and then we leave on Saturday.

God heard. We are leaving this Saturday morning via China Airlines for Beijing. I will be there for a month and it is the top air force military hospital in the whole of China. As I am writing this blog, documents are sent to Beijing so they know what we look like when we arrive. We were told we have the best surgeon who works on the gama knife to help mum.

In all these, I stand amazed at what God is showing my family. Tonight we can eat well. Dad said he could sleep now. But we are moved to tears by the power of God in our lives. Without Jesus, we will not have come this far. I now understand what it means to Trust God. It is really beyond my imagination the measure of God's love in His children and the simple faith of my mother. I can tell you, she just told me not to worry, God will take care of her. I am so faithless but she is so faithful. She even told her friends she should die but she is a miracle.

I may be a graduate with some head knowledge of the little that I know. But the true graduate are my parents. They never went to college but they have major connections I cannot even imagine. They are both so connected to Jesus. Uncle Lawrence, the man who connected us to Beijing, told us to thank God. Who is helping us? God is. God sends help through His children. God heard all your prayers.
I was told we would be escorted like some VIP. I hope not because I rather go in my jog pants and runners.

More things to pray for. Because it is only one more day before we fly off, we need to get some currency changed, need to buy some stuff, need to book and rent a place to stay and cook for mum. Need to check out where the churches are so we can visit and grow. Need to know if we can visit the underground churches. Must also find out how to give mum the spiritual support she will need. I need wisdom to cook for her and to cheer her up.

My dear friends, thank you for praying. Keep praying and believing God can hear you because He heard all of you about my mum. I am sharing everyday with all of you because I want you to know Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life. He is real and He wants to be there for you. Whatever you are going through, remember Jesus is here, yesterday, today and forever.

Update you again.

4 comments:

Rebecca Moh said...

Dear Esther,

Jia You! Do take care of yourself, for your family, and here, in my way, I'll wish for the best for you and your family. If you need help with anything, do let me know.

Yours, with hopes that all will be fine soon

Rebecca

`-ryoken said...

dear ms cheong,

do keep your mental strength, health, emotions and most importantly faith up. my best wishes to you and your family. i hope everything turns out the way you want it to be. :)

sincerely yours,
yijia

Faerie said...

Dear Miss Cheong,

Hope your family will be alright and pull through this. I was really touched by how your family is so loving when I was reading this. I don't know if I can help you directly in anyway, but no matter what, I will be here praying for your family.

When you are down, don't forget that all of us, your students will be there for you.

Really hope everything will turn out fine.

Love,
Rui An

Faerie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.