Sunday, June 25, 2006

Saturday night
It was a very busy afternoon to get ready to see Pastor Tay. We waited for an hour because he had other commitments and that cause mum to tire out. She came home feverish and I was thrown into a panic. In my mind, I wanted to try and keep her from infections as far as possible. I was very strict with who visits and to find out if they have any flu or not. I kept myself healthy by putting in doses of mega antioxidants and kept my dad on them too.
Then she ate some veggies and I gave her carrot, beetroot and apple juice for treats. Later she went to the bathroom. After she releases the toxics in her body, she felt so good. She was her usual fussy self and it was kind of nice to see her being herself again. Rebecca and I sat down with her and she lamented how it is sad to part with their loved ones. I told her we will meet in heaven and she said she knows but being philosophical she said "There are two things that saddens the soul, one is to leave when you are alive (as in you go somewhere else, migrate etc) and one is to leave because it is death." True indeed. Then Rebecca encouraged her by saying there are those who didn't get a second chance, those who die of a sudden death, those that die even younger. She nodded but she said she was just reflecting to us how she saw life. She was ventilating.

These two days, we have a lot of phiolosphical talk and thoughts. But one thing I certainly learn, that given a second chance at life now with my mother now, I want to spend every evening with her and my dad. So those of us who kept ourselves busy all the time at work, stop working so hard.


School reopens soon and the routine that sucks you into the system of hard work and too busy for anybody else will kick in. Who are we leaving behind these days? Everybody talks about balance. From where should we pivot the scale? Where is the centre of this balance?

1 comment:

tellaure said...

well, i guess the measure is nothing but your heart.