Friday, June 30, 2006

Friday 30/6
There was much to do about many things today. Mum went to the corridor to do up two potted plants. She made several phone calls, all talking about how she is going to Beijing for treatment and that she has so many people praying for her. My cousins from Ipoh called and each invited her to stay with them when mum gets to walk about. She told them she will be paying them a visit. Then I gave her wheat grass to drink, and she threw up. I was kind of saddened by my move. But she took the vitamins and drank the juices faithfully. I explain why she needs to take each of the pill so she knows what they are for or else she will not take it.

Met Leng Leng at the mall today. She gave me an ang pow. Very touched by this gesture. She was so happy when I told her my mum never complained of pain. We just sat and talked about how amazing things have been. I told her really that I didn't think I ever would have the strength and coolness to do what I am doing if not for God. Most of all, my mum is so brave to face whatever comes. I still cannot get over the fact how she can even bother to prepare us. While she talks as if it is a fact of life, I am really bothered by it. What aches most is to see her growing thin. She asked me one morning if she had to forgo all the chicken rice and the char siew roasted pork rice forever. I told her not until she is well. Some of you may be saying I gave the wrong answer but to a hungry person, this is the best answer.

Since the journey began, I learn a little about how to eat well so you don't activate those cancer cells. I also learned how to tell when cancer begins. A sudden loss of energy should not be taken lightly. My mother complains she has insomnia since young and of course there are many reasons for this but it is not a bad idea to check the liver. I also learn to buy organic food, appreciate them and pay for them.


We are flying off at 0930 via China Airlines tomorrow morning and I am half packed. Pray for us, we still have no housing. 1 month is a long time to stay there. So I need cheap and good and beautiful housing, which is not too easy to find.

Good night. Write to you from Beijing!

No comments: