Sunday, April 17, 2011

Living with a purpose in Life

Many of us are busy living. But do we know what we are living for? I have been rather unwell. Just couldn't understand where the tiredness came from. And if it fibromyalgia, well, I will have about a month or so to fight. When I told Babita about this illness, she was worried. I told her there is no cure. I just have to rest. It comes on suddenly and goes off suddenly too. No cure! The one thing I do know is chronic fatigue. It stays. And that tiredness of the mind and the body is indescribable. 

Yesterday I lazed on my bed the whole day trying to rest. And I finally did only after I listened to a message by Senior Pastor Daniel Foo. It was a very powerful message. Strangely this message was spoken after the Asian Tsunami and what he said 6 years ago came true. There will be another earthquake with such a high magnitude and it happened in Japan this year. What was interesting though was this was a wakeup call for us then. But I saw it so differently. I saw it as just another earthquake, unprepared for whatever was to come.

It is important to be prepared for the Lord's coming. What does that mean? What is there to prepare for? When He comes, He will call out and shout for those who KNOW and LOVE Him and DO HIS WILL. 


You see, being a Christian is not about being the Holy Holy person. A lot of students laugh behind my back about the way I talk about God. There are many who think I am an idealist, unrealistic about living in this world. You can laugh. But I will have the last laugh when God comes for me. 


Being a Christian is about knowing Jesus. Just like you want to know a friend you love or like. You want to be with the person. I want to know more about my God and then to do what He wants me to. I will sin. I still sin. Because until He comes for me, I am never, ever going to be perfect. What I will do though is try not to sin. I want to honour Him because I love my God. 

What then after you believe in Jesus? That is always this question.To know Jesus is also to do His will. It is to obey and serve Him. To obey Him is to walk in the light. It is to be with people who can bring you closer to God and not further away. It will cause us to change our focus from the ME and I to GOD and Others. And He demands that from us if we want to be blessed with a spiritually rich life. It is not an easy journey to Know Jesus. But He promises to walk with us till He comes for us again.

Our young minds will want material good. If I were to tell you that all the material worth will not last and will never satisfy, you will laugh and say "But you have gotten these wealth already." And I will tell you,"Perhaps I have the weatlh. I worked for it. But I am never satisfied until I surrender." 


One of the things I learned the past months is to surrender fully to God and let Him lead me. It is rather amazing because there are days when I am just so tired and the Holy Spirit will just sustain me until I come home and crash onto my bed. I listened to the Spirit's prompting before I start out to work and pray that I will be able to sustain the day. 


I am making some breakthroughs with the very rebellious students in my school.That is because I surrender everyday and let Jesus walk into my class.



I have to find my purpose in life. I have to or it is really sluggish living.