I sent all the boys back and was more than glad to get rid of some than others. In this last batch, I formed some very good friendships. Some I will forget. I know God is a judge. I thanked God for His mercy and great love. An article I read told me that I must trust God will meet out the justice I wait for. I believe. I will not wait because He will do what is necessary. I will move on.
One thing I did learn was that it has become harder to leave my home. I am glad I finally felt sad about leaving my home. When dad came to pick me up, he whisked me to the market nearest to my home for laksa. I usually buy from this stall and it is always good. Then in the afternoon about 1330, I met my ex boys about to go to the army. I had chicken rice.
When I met my dad in the afternoon he burst into tears when he showed me a cheque. It was mother's CPF and it finally came after 6 months. He sobbed his heart out and got me very upset. I decided to distract him with the new cable digital box I exchanged earlier in the afternoon. We fixed the boxes and took quite a while for me to figure out how to get the TV working but I did fix it and both are now in working order.
He was shocked I was leaving in less than 40 hours and he actually thought I was coming home for good. He also asked if I wanted to join him for dinner. Well I had some soups with him and then off to a colleague's house to do work. Later that evening, I received a call from my dean to have lunch with my principal. I turned it down because I just don't have enough time for him. My family and friends come first. I could hear my dean repeating that he wants to have lunch. But I also repeated...I had made appointments a month ago. So I really could not go.
Then I was home around ten in the night to talk to my dad. He shared something shocking. Something bothered him for the past month and he unloaded. Please pray for my dad. Pray that the Lord will give him wisdom to know what to do with the matter. He was so distracted that he nearly had an accident while driving. He was also thinking about mum.
Sunday was good. I had some time to myself in the morning and slept for a while until noon time. I made some soups with the vegetables I bought from Beijing and then left the house to meet Joshua and Yifong for lunch. I was very late this time and then they started asking "Who is always late!" They know full well who is always late. I am NOT the one. So you guess.
Both the young gentlemen got me birthday presents. I was pleasantly surprised. Then they got me my favourite food. Fried oysters, Prawn soup noodles and Kambing Prata. The best part, these two guys actually paid for me. I was treated to the meal. Wow1 I am so happy! They can now afford to treat me. Hmmm the next meal will be at Tung Lok ba...( I can hear them say "You can dream le...")
Then off I went home to have dinner with my brother's family and dad. The dinner was good but I had to rush to the bookshop to get a few copies of the textbook I wrote. I managed to find book 2 but book 1 is out of stock.
When I came home, dad was already fast asleep. I had to wake him up at 6 in the morning to tell him I am leaving. He wanted to send me but I only allowed him to send me to the taxi stand. He was actually in shock again to see I was leaving so soon. He thought I would be going by 5 in the evening. Any how I managed to get a cab and then reached the airport on time to meet the rest.
After checking in and sitting at the departure lounge, I called dad to tell him I am okay. It was then he cried again. He told me that he will not be there to watch over me and that I should be careful with what I am eating. He told me he is very worried for me that i don't look after myself. And that because he could not see me, he will worry more and more. Wow...this was a first for my father to say such things. I was so choked up with tears that I could hardly speak and just had to listen and then made some promises to be careful and hung up. The emotional turmoil was tremendous and for the first time, I don't want to go anywhere but stay HOME.
I have always wanted to migrate. And I still do. I believe there is another place other than heaven we can live in. I always find living in Calgary the best time of my life. Singapore is a place I don't like to call home but it is. It is only home because my family and friends are there.
I find this time coming home rather rush. I found myself longing to see some of my friends and want to catch up. I also find that Singapore has a sullen tone to the city. I still look at those souless eyes. I still find tired smiles and I definitely know that people are tired. That is why I don't like to be there.
But I guess it is not so much about me but more about who are with me. When I come home, I see faces that are ready to receive me. It was a really great feeling.
Because it was only 48 hours, I really had to meet my friends briefly. I hope to spend more time when I return in January. It is such a good feeling to know people are waiting for me to come HOME.