6th December 2006
Mum has been fighting an infection since last Thursday. She is all yellow now. The doctors came today with the report. The cancer has not spread but the bile duct is so blocked that the bile is now flowing into the liver causing the extreme yellowness. Although I noticed that the skin is not as yellow but her urine remains a tea colour.
The decision was to do a procedure to go into the body to unblock the bile duct. There are a few suspicions. One is that the tumors in the area are blocking the ducts. Second there could be previous abcess that were not cleaned up properly causing the infection.
So please pray for the surgeon tomorrow as he works on mum's bile ducts. He can either go in and unblock the duct from the top of the liver or from the bottom. Once the ducts are cleared, she will not be in danger and she can eat better too. Too much bile can kill her.
She continues to fight the fever with panadols and a very strong antibiotics. She is rather down today but soon she perked up.
Throughout the whole week, mum has come to terms with what we can do to make her comfortable. She kept telling me that whatever it is Jesus is in control and she trusts God will know what is best for her because God is her heavenly father.
Last night, as I sat on the train while on my way home, I prayed like a friend would talk to another friend. I asked God to help, to intervene and He sent help today. I prayed that God will honour my mother's faith in Him.
My dad is beginning to get angry with God for not making mum fully well. Mum turned around and told him not to be angry with God because even she is not angry. She challenged him to pray.
Tonight as I update the blog, dad could not sleep. He is worried about mum.
Tonight, mum ate two small bbq buns and 2 jambus, one nangka and half a honeydew. She ate lots of fruits today. When I came in the afternoon, she had 3/4 bowl of porridge with kiam chye. She has better appetite today.
Thank you for praying. I am really exhausted but I am so happy to see my mother fighting back. She prayed for extension. So I told her, this is God's answer to her even though she may have to wear a small pouch and every three months she has to go and unplug it.
Continue to pray for us. Pray the surgeons can clean up all. That they will know think on their feet as they work on my mum. Pray that the pain is not excruciating and that the pain will subside so she can get use to it when it becomes a routine.
No comments:
Post a Comment