Friday, December 15, 2006

21st December 2006
Four more days to Christmas! What do you wish for this year? Mum is discharged from Mt Alvernia and resting at Richard's house. We took almost three hours for discharge and by the time we got to Richard's lunch was served at about one thirty. Mum is already asleep tonight. She was very eager to get out of the hospital. Her birubilin was 200 plus and now down to 75. She still is yellow in the eyes but the body is normal coloured now. Thank God for that.

The doctor found a tumor behind the pancreas. So she has to go for chemo. We were told there is no cure but only control. So we are working on that. We will buy time. We will fight on.

Christmas is the best love story ever. That God should love us so much that He is willing to be born in a manger. Sometimes I think people take LOVE too flippantly. If you have never met the person before, will you do anything for the person? I will never make decisions because some one I didn't know ask me to. But God who formed us, knew us and came so He can redeem us while we are yet sinners.

What would you do for the people you love? My dad misses my mum very much. He gets up in the middle of the night and has restless sleep when she is not in the house. My heart aches when he does that. He goes on the road everyday not because he wants to run away from all the troubles but that this is one way to numb the pain of missing mum. He calls her very often and will check on her even though she is now in Woodlands. Tomorrow will be a great day for dad. She is coming home. My father, unlike most of the man in his age group, articulated how much he misses my mum. He told her, it was as if something just went missing.

The best use of life is love. The best expression of love is time. The best time to love is NOW. This I read from a book. So true. So love those you care about now and tell them how much you care by the little things you do. Make time to be with the person you care about. I am very thankful God placed people around me to spend time with so I can breathe.

My family's christmas traditions are set by me. I brought them all the way from Calgary. I roasted three turkeys in my kitchen but this year I decided to go to Swensons. We are catering food and the guests invited are special. These are my cousins and very close family friends. Richard will be handling the programme. Mum's friends will be invited this year. We will be rather busy on Christmas day itself. All my neices and nephews get two sets of gifts. One from Santa and one from me. Santa gifts are those fun gifts. I shan't tell you what they are because my nephews do read my blog. Months ago I will check what they like and this will reduce me wasting money. Theodora only wants a key chain with a toy. She is four, she doesn't know what she is asking. Then there is Timothy, he wants FIFA 2006. He is contented with that. Ryan wants my old handphone and Steffi and Tiffany want a digital watch each. Stacia could not tell me what it is. She is not demanding yet.


Mum will be getting a new set of curtains for the living room and dinning room.

Every year at Christmas, I will go in search of a Christmas story. It started five years ago. I played one story and the next year, Timothy asked me why I didn't do it. He said that it didn't look like Christmas without a story related to Christmas. Since then, it has been a tradition in my family to watch a VCD about Christmas. Please pray I will be able to get one this year. Tomorrow I shall go hunt it down.

How would you be spending Christmas? Merry Christmas to all of you and may the Lord continue to bless and keep you till His second coming.


No comments: