Monday, September 19, 2011

Our God of so much more!

Today's message was so timely. I have to make a decision and this is not an easy decision. I can pick the easiest way out or I can walk the tough road. Logically, I will pick the easiest way out. Humanly, I should walk the straight path. No one in their right mind will crash the brass gates, walk into a wicked and crooked path. Especially at my age. Especially having to walk into the pit. So I need prayers.

This human mind can only remember this...My God is a GOD of so much more than I can imagine HE could give. I have a GOD who wants to bless beyond my human capacity. HE wants to extend His powers above what I expected. This song was so lovely this morning. I only have the words. Sing with me:

He Cares For Me

Our God is far greater
Than words can make known
Exalted and holy, He reigns on His throne
In infinite splendour He rules over all
Yet He feeds the poor sparrows
And He knows when they fall

Chorus: 
His power is great and will ever endure
His wisdom is peaceable, gentle and pure
But greater than all these glories I see
Is the glorious promise that He cares for me


He rides the wild heavens
He strides through the sea
The high mountains tremble
To hear His decrees
His voice with great thundering
Sounds from above
But to His own children
He whispers His love

The earth and the heavens
Are the works of His hands
And billions of angels
Obey His commands
He guides the great galaxies, spinning through space
Yet He gave us His Son as a gift of His grace 

Like Ezra whom God has chosen to protect and do the task of building His temple, I am tasked to do something I really don't wish to do too. But I have to obey.

I will set my heart to search for the answer, study His word. 

The past week has been exciting and extremely exhausting. But it was a great week nonetheless watching God's work of peace and tremendous love showering from everywhere. Most of all listening to the Holy Spirit and wait for the timing of God's hand to work. 


Dear Father,

Thank you for all that you have blessed me with. Thank you so much for revealing to me all that I need to work on. Thank you for saving me from many of the pitfalls. Thank you Lord for my dad. Thank you for the provision of needs for both of us. While others forget, You didn't fail to provide. What a Great God you are!

Thank you for affirming me of my worth in You. You are so wonderful and your grace is indeed sufficient and you certainly satisfy while all others forsake. God you are amazing at how You use people to support me. Please bless these wonderful friends you surround me with. Bless them in their work and bless those who remember my struggles in their prayers.


As I start another week, help me to focus once again on You and to tune my heart towards you. Pray you will stir those who still choose to walk in their ways so they may turn their hearts towards YOU. Your ways are so perfect. Your peace so lasting when we choose to obey YOU.

So father, bless my week immeasurably. Bless my work with the students under my charge. Thank you for the colleagues I am working with. Bless Hwee Leng. Give me wisdom to know how to groom her teachers and the students I am placed there now. Bless the students with wisdom and bless me with wisdom to teach them correctly.

Thank you Lord for the gift of teaching. I see it. I know it. I believe it. So Lord Use me fully in this school to shine and bless the people who truly, truly need the help I am giving.

In Jesus Name and may Your perfect will be done in my life.

Amen.