Normally I don't blog about news I read on the chinese newspaper. But this morning as I flipped through the pages, I saw this familiar face. As I read on, it confirmed I knew this fella. He was caught and he was publicly humiliated and disowned by the community he used to belong. The stomper started the whole issue about elite schools. But you know in every elite school is a person who has flesh and has a lot of problems to deal with. Some people are stronger and withstood the temptations. Some fall into temptations and were able to get help in time to stand up again. No one should point a finger and play saint because before we finger point and pretend to be righteous, we must take a look at ourselves.
I don't agree with what he did. But I felt very sorry for him because if he had gotten help early, he may not end up with so much more pain. Again, he may not want help because he is too proud to ask for help. Or he may not dare to tell because he didn't want to come across as needing help.
Last night I counseled a young man to own up to his crime. He wanted to change his behaviour and attendance in his report card. I told him to do the right thing and come clean. Fortunately for me, he knows the Lord. I also understood his struggles to stay away from trouble. His crime is that he hated school and was never ever at school because he found the teachers to be stupid and wasting his time. He also tried to stay away from trouble by not being offensive but somehow he couldn't control his temper. I am no longer his form teacher but because we get along, I continued to show him the ways back to God. I am very happy that he wants to surrender to God but he wants to surrender on his terms.
So last night, I shared with him on 2 Corinthians 5:17. That we are to be God's new creature because we are in Jesus. I told him to muster enough courage to face GOD and allow GOD to take control of the situation he is in. He asked me to pray for him and I did on msn.
I believe if we come to GOD just as we are, all needy, all undone and all so confused and worried, He will still want to hear from us. No matter how much wrong a person committed, we can still go to God.
I shared this before and this is a Christian talk show about Christopher Yuen.
I am also touched by the story of this gangster turned owner of a Christian book room. Watch how he talked about how he slaughtered people and how calm he is right now. And he wanted to be helped and to be rid of heroin addiction. He was addicted for 20 years!!! And God healed him.
You want to finger point? Think again. God used people of all kinds to glorify His name.