When I woke up this morning, my dad was already awake. It was his day off and I was not surprised he was awake. And so I asked him if he couldn't sleep because he was worried for me. He told me he was worried. I told him I will get a job. Then I washed up and drove to school.
On my way, I heard the message tone and upon arrival I checked and found a very important sms. My friend was busy and this morning she asked me if I was really interested to go to this particular school that has been on my mind for the last 8 months. I told her yes. I am serious and so asked if I could meet the principal.
In fact, I emailed the principal yesterday asking for a chance to meet her. And tonight when I opened my email, it was one of the most encouraging email and an extremely flattering email from a senior education officer. She was thrilled that I remembered her. And will do her best to keep a talent like me. I am really honoured to be labeled a talent. I have so much to be thankful for and this just tops the day for me.
I also have friends who have asked their principals for me. And I have already got two offers to apply and chances are I will get in. One top school and one not so top. But I am going for this one that I chose. Because my heart is always going back to this principal. According to our last conversation almost a year ago, this principal was just impressed that I was so honest. She liked this about me. And my friend is also like this and she told me I am the best fit for this principal. I pray for clearer directions.
I also have offers to start a business with an ex trainee. I am keen. I am also burdened and one of my top priorities is to find more time to sit back and do God's work. And this will be my highlight for the job. I want to be able to support myself and my dad and also to serve God.
Peck San is returning on the 11th and she too wants to talk to me. There are many, many offers to work. I am so blessed by God. Thank you Father.
My godsons told me that I should not worry that there are no offers. In fact Melvin is very excited for me because every change brings an opportunity. I agree totally.
At my age, I should be settled down and should be contented with the high income and security. Yet I left a secured base to another ground, richer in fact but then I was poorer in my emotional being. The decision to walk out of this dearth is the best thing I have done in the last 8 months. It is so freeing. It is so refreshing now to watch how God is going to work.
Joshua is also excited because he just can't wait to see what God will do next. He wonders about my next step. And like all my friends, they asked me to please take a break because I have worked too hard. May be...
Alot of my colleagues in my present school are sad. I mean their faces are sunken by my move. I am deeply touched. Some came up as if unbelievable. But I told them to be happy for me. They told me they are. But they are sad for my students. They now envy I have two more days of the school holidays. hahaha.
When I was in class this morning, I pulled alongside my class monitress to talk because she was very concerned about my move. I told her not to feel sad and to be happy for me. My class will get use to the new form teacher and he starts tomorrow. I am no longer needed to take charge and it will be great. More free periods at 8am.
I have one more week plus and I am done.
Are you worried for me? Don't. Pray for me. Pray that God will lead me clearly because I don't want to serve money. I want to serve GOD and the people He sends me to. In my days when I can still move and do something for GOD, I want to glorify Him.
When Joshua drove himself home last night, he too wondered what GOD wanted him to do. We all wonder. This I know. GOD just want us to obey.
I obeyed and came to this present school. I learned a lot of stuff. I learned to let go of money. I learned that I am actually able to handle any kind of students and still love the most terrible ones. I also learn that with GOD, nothing is impossible. I learn to trust the Spirit's leading.
I really don't know what tomorrow is like. But I do know I am wrapped in God's palm. He will provide.
Dear Father in Heaven
Praise thy Holy name. Because YOU live, I can face tomorrow. Because YOU live, all fears are gone. Because I know YOU hold the future. That is why life is worth the living!
I may not know what to expect tomorrow but GOD I know YOU are going to be there with me. I am willing to obey YOUR leading.
Thank you so much for all my family and friends. Thank you Lord for my godsons. Thank you so much for their prayers for me. It was not difficult to walk out of this wilderness because YOU are holding my hands. I am very very grateful to YOU for all that YOU have placed in my life.
Please bless my students. Bless them with a sense of security. Bless them with the ability to finish off their year and excel. Continue to grant my students a great awareness of who YOU are. I know that Lord without YOU, I cannot accomplish so much with my classes. Thank YOU so much for creating a space in their hearts for me. I don't deserve it but I thank you for this space.
Most of all, Lord, YOU are indeed a wonderful maker. Thank you for the gift of teaching and for the many ideas you bless me with. Continue to work in me and continue to show me how I can best use this talent. Thank you for the principal who affirm my talent in teaching. Lord use me fully and may YOU continue to use my talent to bless the people YOU will bring into my life.
Amen.
Bonita: This song is about embracing each day.
Bonita: This song say the day will be different because I trust and depend on the Lord.