Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Ungrateful children

I have been thinking about ungratefulness over the past week. My sister shared about what she heard at a prayer meeting. It was about a lady who apparently is an elder of the Chinese congregation at her church. This mother dared not cry during the prayer meeting in her own church. Instead she went to another church's prayer meetings and cried her heart out to the Lord about her son. This was because nobody will believe how terrible her son is. She has a very rebellious and ungrateful son.

What did the son do? Well, it is not what the son do but what didn't the son do. It irks me too because I think this is so typical of young people. She complained that her son was rude to her and would never want to be in the same room with her. Mind you the boy was brought up in a Christian home and had all the Christian teachings in the Sunday school and church. Not only was he this way, he would rather buy friends gifts when he was out on a holiday and not think of his parents or get them some things when he returned. When she asked if she could have some, he rudely told her that it was meant for his friends. When she continued to ask if she could just have one packet, he threw all the gifts at her and left. Dramatic. What happened?

Another lady told my sister later that when the boy was young, this elder of the church controlled him and was very strict. So according to them, he is now rebellious because he was too controlled in the past. Really? What theory is that?


I believe this is what happened. The boy did not learn when he was taught. He is probably angry with the mother for teaching him and as a result, the teaching did not go right to his heart. He did however tried to put on a show that he will do the right thing.

I dislike ungrateful children. I will admonish. If they hate me for it, I will tell them that they will be thankful to me one day. Because children learn from their parents. One day, this boy will grow up. He will have children of his own. His children will do the same to him.


Have you thanked your parents for your good life lately? If you have not, do it soon. 

This evening I have to discipline my nephew Timothy for his disobedience and rudeness towards my sister. I was very harsh with him and I told him I am totally disappointed with him. I told my sister she should weep for having such a son. His face was black like charcoal and I left the house telling Timothy that he will not be blessed at all because of his lousy attitude. Of course he turned a deaf ear to my ramblings. What happened to Timothy? He is very far from GOD. So pray for him that Timothy will honour God and his parents.


The bible says that those of us who honour our parents, who remember their teachings and who listen to the parents will lead a long life. If you want a short life, just do one thing, rebel against your parents. Not only will your life be short, it will be devastating because when you are like that, you are not nice to GOD and man. You will do yourself in. Don't tell me you don't want to be blessed by God. You rather GOD curse you? No way!


I thank God for my parents. They can be tough to obey. But they are always right. I don't wish to live long. But I am still very ungrateful to them for sharing their wealth and giving me their love.