I have been thinking about this cake for a long, long, long time. I baked it in my sec 2 year and never quite forgot the colour and the cheries.
Steffi likes to bake. She is really good at baking cookies and cakes. So does Timothy. Both are born in the year of the rat and they both love to eat and are one of the bigger size kids.
I was actually not feeling too well. My sinuses are infected again. And I have been fighting if for about two weeks already. I have this theory that when the holidays are round the corner, the body just decided to go on a long overhaul. But nothing is going to change my mind about baking today.
I asked Steffi to find me a recipe and she got the simplest one she could find on the internet. Then I waited for Steffi who has to train for basketball.When we finally got to buy all the stuff for the cake, we rushed home because I have to whip up a spaghetti dinner really soon. We had meatball spaghetti and this is Theodora's favourite.
So tonight was a night with the girls. Timothy was here too and he just have to eat what we cooked. He was busy with his PS. Theody was complaining how he was willing to let her play with the games in his handphone so she could stop bugging him about his PS.
The girls all chipped in to help me with the mixing, the creaming and then we waited. About an hour later, the first cake came out...really nice and hot. We couldn't wait for it to cool and went in straight for the cake with cookies and cream ice cream.
I believe all my walk for the past week has just gone down the tube. But it is worth it! hahaha
Because I got to spend time with my nieces and my sister.
Theodora helped me with some dishes and she was just delighted that there was a fresh cake tonight and everyone was just happy to try something new.
Is the cake really nice? Yes, not because it is so lovely to behold. But that it is baked with so much care and fun with my lovely nieces.