I went to have breakfast with Shengquan. He was in Singapore for two days and he set aside two hours before he flew to Hong Kong where he is now having his attachment to spend some quality time with me. I am touched that he deliberately put aside time to remember an old teacher. He ate Hokkein mee and I had a bowl of Mee Pok (my favourite). We chatted about the school and about life in the future and what it will be like for me to leave the school and work somewhere else. He shared with me about his experience in the corporate world and how he felt that the local companies here are stifling every creativity and even the people working for our local government corporations are so tunnel. I understand where he is coming from. I could hear the excitement in his voice and his eyes are just elated with wonder. If you were to look at some of our graduates, I can only say they are fabulously tired.
After we parted ways, I went to church. I wanted to hear this speaker. Interesting speaker. He is a Japanese born American who speaks fluent english and holds an Israeli passport. He married a Jewish lady and then moved to Israel where he started reaching out to the Israelis there. Amazing isn't it. Israel invited him to be a PR there because of his wife's heritage. Will he be one of the Jews that will go through the tribulation? Don't know.
Since I started working on Daniel and about the second coming of Christ, I have been very interested to know what is Israel doing. So Peter Tsukahira shared about God's kingdom. God was the ruler of Israel when He led them out of Egypt. But they complained about not having a ruler that was in flesh and blood and so they were really taught a lesson. They were ruled by many different rulers, sent into captivity, tribes all governed by other emperors. But one day God will come back and claim them one by one.