I attended my first proper precept Bible study group today. First lesson and I was a little late. I had to prepare 5 days of work for this Saturday morning but I gladly do it.
I am so thankful for this group of people. Siew Lian was with her entire bible study group and we joined some members from Calvary Baptist Church. We are studying the book of Daniel and about the Second Coming of Jesus.
So we know alot more about the statue in Daniel Chapter 2 and then compare it with Daniel 7 with the 4 beasts. Our group's facilitator is Timothy and he was good. It was a good change to sit on the other side and be a student for 2 hours of intensive study. He asked many good questions and got us to think about what we believe, why believe and what we do about what we believe.
I will talk about the lesson another day. But my heart is excited and yet heavy tonight.
I am excited because Christ is coming and all that Daniel saw is coming to pass soon. It means that God really mean what He says and He says what He means. God never intends to hide His coming for us. He makes it clear and plain in Daniel. And all we need to do now is to take heed. If so, then what are we doing with what God is saying. Why does He want us to know? How will that change how I live from now on? I shall ponder on these throughout the day and possibly the week. I know my JESUS is coming back. Will I live to see the prophecy come through or be caught up in the air? I pray I will not see the end of days. I want to see only JESUS.
As I read Daniel 7, I cannot help but think about the confusion the devil is causing in the earth to deceive all of Christ's own children. Satan is out there in the world today making a great attempt to destroy Christians. He blurred the boundaries between what is right and wrong until we don't know what is truth anymore. The devil wants to tell you it is alright to be neutral. It is only right to be liberal and have no views? Really? Then will you want to bring your child up in this kind of a neutral environment and not feel. That is exactly what Satan wants us to do. He doesn't want us to think too hard about right and wrong. He just wants us to go ahead and BE...
I said these because this afternoon, I met two ladies from my previous church. Evelyn and Fai Kin. Fai Kin was my teacher who taught me when I was only 11. She is not that old actually. And we had lunch and then we went for coffee and I had ice cream! Yup, I am bad.
In our conversation, I thank God that He has preserved me. He kept me by removing me from my ex church when I went overseas. I was able to learn and grow away from all the legalism and see who my GOD really is.
This afternoon, I heard the most shocking news of my entire life. A couple who were friends with me while growing up ended up in divorce. What was sad was the husband gave up his job to be a pastor of a chinese church in Texas. I have not heard from them for almost 12 years now and I just heard today that they were divorced. And the husband, my friend too, not only committed adultery but also left the faith and want nothing to do with GOD.
Still the greatest treasure remains for those who gladly choose God now! The devil is subtle and cunning and he moves in when you are least expecting. He did that with me many, many times and I thank God that He sends help when I cannot take it anymore. For those who hang on and not give up the faith, our reward will be great. Because Christ is coming and if God says He is coming, He is. If God says nothing is too difficult for Him, it is...So that means I can pray to Him and He will answer me. That means I can claim all the promises and He means what He says. If He says to call sin, sin, then I have to also obey.
Fai Kin is right. God only require one thing and then everything in our life will be in place. OBEDIENCE. If we obey Him and His laws, our life will be so simple. Right from the garden of Eden, we did not obey. We bring many sorrows upon ourselves because of our own disobedience.
My friend, the husband did not obey. If a pastor who is so close to the Lord can fall, what more all of us who drifts. May we guard our hearts and watch the days as Christ coming draws near.
I am so glad I can revisit Daniel. Christ coming back makes my pain I am going through less painful and also show me in a larger perspective what I ought to do with my life from now on. But I am working on a full recovery from my depression. And there are things I have yet to do.
God has shown me that no matter how depressed I was the past week, He brought people again and again to support me and show me He loves me and cares for me.
Dear Lord, my God
Thank you for the timely help when I am in trouble. Thank you that you can see my pain and my sorrows. Thank you so much for being God. I thank you that you mean what you say. I want to claim this promise. You said in your word that there is nothing too difficult for you. Then Lord, please make my path straight and show me the way. Walk me out of the valley and keep me close to you. Keep my heart close to you lest it drifts.
I pray for all those of us who know what is the right thing to do and have no courage to do it. Lord help us to be overcomers. If you hate sin, then help us flee from temptations and not run towards it.
Please protect us throughout the week. And teach us to watch our days and to look out for signs of your coming. Amen!