It was quite an eventful morning. You won't believe what I went through. I arrived at around seven and then I started marking. Last night I slept so well because having decided to put it at God's feet, I left him to handle. I woke up feeling energy surging through my legs and arms ready for work. I expected an answer from my principal about me going or not with my team. At first I was hesitant to open my email but then I decided to check. His mail was there and I replied. I marked some papers.
Then at 11, I was at a meeting. I had no idea why the meeting was called. I thought it was to address whether I am going to Melbourne or not. Well, well, to my greatest surprise and blurrness, it was about my group and how they wrote their report. At the meeting too, it was thrashed out that my group didn't do enough to deserve the win.
I was shocked. They were complaining that the credits showed so many schools and we didn't go speak at those schools. I said not yet but we are going and we are waiting for invitation. The names of the schools were there because we needed to recognize the volunteers who will be working with us. The organisers of the projects day said they could not answer such queries. Then don't you think these people should ask me? Why didn't they? So what does that tell you about people? At the meeting I was told to tell the other group what my boys had done to show they did alot. But this was not the group who complained my group did not do enough. But it was another mentor who raised it.
I went to see my principal and he was very patient and kind to explain things to me. He agreed to let me go but I must be back on time to go Beijing. I will go on time and flying off with my boys. I feel very good about talking to the principal. He made special provisions for me to go because I was the additional teacher to come along. So I am very glad he valued my contributions and he promised me that he will clear the problem with the person in charge.
I wonder if my group ever regretted working with me. Because I am a person of many controversies, and I fight for my rights, I am always a major target for criticisms. Since the start of the journey, it was one obstacle after another.
Through it all, it is really GOD. I see God everywhere in this journey. When I feel discouraged and I am not in control, God just want me to remember it is HIS project.
My boys have been wronged and they are angry that the apologies about them were not genuine. But I told them to forgive and move on. They are deeply hurt by the remarks but who isn't. However the journey must continue. Last night I chatted with 4 of them online. The worst hit was Chen Xing. But amazingly he told me he is not angry anymore. He felt betrayed and he didn't understand why his teacher did not come and ask him and he would have told him plain and simple. This I will ask the teacher to explain too. Then there were others in the group who did not know what the whole meeting was about and felt there was an air of accusation. I sat and looked at my poor boys yesterday morning. And I could tell they thought it was a briefing about when to go Melbourne. Boy were they shocked! Whatever it is...we are going! I told my team not to be angry. But to forgive and laugh about the whole matter. In the end, my group cleared their name. But still there were people asking them to use their conscience when they present in Melbourne. I asked them if they want to go. They say all the more they must go.
Odds are not necessarily bad things. You know odds make us stronger if we don't crumble. When life is full of the mundanes, there is no spark, then there is no fire. I chatted with Jeffrey online. He is now in London. I shared with him my saga. He told me that my life is very exciting. And he wish my team the best. Would you do the same and wish my boys too. When you see Aaron, Desmond, Don, Chen Xing, Zhiyi and Shennan, please tell them to do their best and speak for the poor.
We are not afraid of the accusations because our conscience is GOD's. I hope people who poked us know they have poked God too. But please encourage my students on.
Have another great week.