The recent AIG incident sent the world into a major panic. Mobile phones of insurance agents must have buzzed all nights long. People buy insurance for security and now security crashed right where it should begin. Of course the US government came to the rescue. But then how much money must be pumped in to aid the ailing US economy? Is the world more secure?
Who would think Milk can be poisoned? Well, I remember how some of my students drank those packet milk for breakfast in Beijing. They are still very alive and strong. Thank God for that but now, it is no longer safe to drink the same brand anymore.
Looking at how much insurance we buy these days testifies to a great need to know everything is okay. We need to know we will get the A1 and must get all the distinctions. We need to guarantee ourselves a good paying jobs. Well I am sorry, the real world for many people is to live with uncertainties.
I am not saying we should not work. God says if you are lazy, go and learn from the ant. But I am saying that we can no longer live with any guarantee. Today you have a job, tomorrow you don't. The only thing that is constant in this day and age is CHANGE. We are commanded by the system we have created to respond instanteously to change. Unfortunately for many of us, the body doesn't really do that. The mind is first fuzzy, then when the smog is clear and the air too thin to breathe, anger dominates the heart. Within a day or two or may be more days than we want to believe, we come to a certain reality...that we have to do something about what hit us.
God tells us not to worry about tomorrow because tomorrow will take care of itself. All He is saying is that there are many things to do today so focus on today.
Yesterday I met Joshua and Raymond for lunch. I found a lump in my throat during my staff meeting. I pressed it and it was a little sore. Then I messaged Joshua who insisted that I must go see the doctor. Well, I didn't and so on Sunday when I met Raymond and him for lunch, you should see how these two doctors to be were scrutinizing my neck. Not only that, I had to swallow for them. Then they whispered some medical terms and concluded I have to see the doctor. Raymond left after lunch and I went shopping with Joshua and we had a good talk.
But what irked me was his concerned look and his persistence I should check what that lump was. Nowadays, any lump, whatever the size, jumps start hearts. I am not interested to find out but he got me worried. Then I told Tianhan and he got worried too and told me to please go see the doctor and go to a private doctor. So this afternoon, I came home and went to the doctor. And Joshua was right.
There is a lump about 1cm to 2cm big in my throat. To be correct it is a single thyroid nodule. Very common but I need to rule out malignancy. So I was recommended to see a specialist. I hope he doesn't open my neck up because I really want to go Beijing. My dad will be operated on at the end of October for a gall stone too. So I just hated to go under the knife at this stage. So pray for me. That the lump is a water cyst that can be taken out with the needle. I hate needles!
My GP, Dr Lee is a godsend. He is one of the most patient and understanding doctor. He also has great connections. One thing I like most about him is he is a Christain. So I asked him to pray for me and give me a good specialist. I will have to go soon. Because there are quite a few tests they need to rule out and they all don't look easy. If you remember me today, please pray for me.
There is a little pain but that is because I have a sore throat. I noticed this lump when I was in Beijing around May. I had this violent cough that won't go away and by the time I returned, the lump disappeared and now it has appeared again.
There is no securities saved the Lord's securities. Throughout the year, I have learned to let Him take control so I am in His hands.
Good luck for all your exams. Take care.