There is so much to do this break. But nothing compared to what I had to do today. I got up early to go marketing so I could cook a meal with my dad for my sister's family. They are still on their way to have dinner with me.
Then I rushed out to the hospital to visit my student. He was hit by a van yesterday around 3pm. Samuel my colleague messaged everyone to go visit him yesterday but I was too tired and rather go home to rest after my badly needed massage. So this afternoon, I went to check if he was doing okay. The ward was very crowded with nurses, visitors, doctors on their rounds and it was very warm. The ventilation was not very good in the C ward Bradley was in. He had a laceration in his right ear which the doctor stitched up at 11pm last night. They did 4 scans but no brain scans because according to Dr Chong, there is a possibility that with so much radiation for the scan, there could be brain cancer after that. So don't scan the brain even if you have a concussion. Then the doctor said that Bradley could return home this evening despite a slight fever. I questioned the doctor a few things. I learned one thing today, if you don't ask, nobody will actually tell you anything. I hope the NUH can rectify this. We are afterall educated patients. I was asked how I was related to Bradley. I told them, I am the teacher, though not the form teacher.
Then I took a cab to meet my Project Pipit Team because we are going to meet the persoanl secretar and manager of the Mayor of SE CDC. It was a very fruitful visit. My team has the opportunity to present before an outsider. We requested for some help. I am really proud of this team and my fight to appeal is worth it. Their love and passion for the poor is genuine. Most of all, I admire their perserverance. No matter how tired and how busy, they still want to help the poor. I also admire the way their effort to keep the friendship going. They are so fun to watch. You always have Aaron making comments and trying to be serious and Chen Xing to make these comments light. As usual Desmond will just giggle or smile and Don will shake his head and confirm that Aaron is never ever serious. But Zhiyi will be the quietest and he would just smile. I forgot to mention I have Shennan. He is our art director and he works very hard at all the whims and fancies of what we wanted. Most of the time, Shennan remains very positive and although he is not official in our grandfinals, I would like to let him know he is official in all of our hearts.
But the best news we have today is that the Food Samaritan project done this January has impressed the other mayors in all the CDCs in Singapore. They want to do it next year. That was the First thing the personal secretary and the manager asked me when I met them. Praise God for this good news. You see, He took care of things for me even when I am not around. Pray for me as I take on this project because I pray God will once again use this project to shake Singapore about the reality of the poor in my hometown.
Beijing beckons as the days draw on. I can't wait to show my students the world I left behind. Can't wait to share with them the good they can do for the people around them.
And I rest my case!