The week is almost over and ready to start. I think weekends are just too short! For my students, they wish Monday will not arrive because some have 6 tests a week.
Mum fell ill today. She had fever in the morning and the situation was tense. I was ready for school but decided after that I should stay and looked after her. She didn't look well at all and I was ready to get her to the hospital. She threw up at 4am even though she had hardly anything to eat. I must have passed her the gastric flu bug. She promised me that she would go to Rebecca's and I told her if she didn't, I would come straight back from work to look after her. She went to Rebecca's for the day. When I finished off work at 4 to go see her, I found her resting on the couch. I sat for a while and by seven, her fever was up again. I gave her the fever medicine and we watched.
Thomas came home and drove us to East Coast Laguna Park for dinner. Mum and I walked ahead first, looking for a clean table. We waited quite a while until Thomas found one. Rebecca and I bought all sorts of food. I bought a bowl of porridge and mum had a small bowl. After dinner, mum and I strolled along the beach, sat down and enjoyed the stillness and the bustling going on behind us. Later the children came, and we listened to their laughter as they played catching.
Then Thomas drove us home. Mum and I got off the car and immediately upon entry, mum went to get the watering can. She took it and watered her flowers. I watched her as she did it because she just has such a good way. Her fever has subsided and I am monitoring her.
I fell asleep while waiting for dad to come home from his shift. He worked and drove his cab throughout the day from 5am to 11pm.This is his way of getting away from the stress at home.
My shoulder is very tight this weekend. I need to rest.
Pray for my mum. Pray she will not have fever and she will fight on.